Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice please (TMI)

(7 Posts)
uhohspaghettios Tue 14-Mar-17 08:25:03

I'm prone to ingrown hairs / red cystic type lumps around my inner thighs. I know, how delightful.

Usually they stick around a week or two depending on how good I am at LEAVING THEM THE HELL ALONE but I've got one persistent little bugger who's been around over a month now and I'm a bit worried about.

I've (obviously) picked and squeezed him a bit and he's been a bit pus-ey on and off, but nothing spectacular. He's now a bit red and scabby.

The thing that I'm wondering about, though, is that over the past couple of days a red 'trail' has developed in the skin leading to / away from him. It's about 2cm wide and extends about 10-15cm around my thigh, out and up towards my hip.

The 'trail' is slightly achy if I press it but not painful or itchy.

I've stuck on some savlon and covered the spot thing with a dressing. Is that sufficient for now, do you reckon? At what point would I want to get somebody who knows what they're doing to have a look?

Mondy Tue 14-Mar-17 09:12:55

I'd get a doctor to look at it just in case if it was me.

sashh Tue 14-Mar-17 09:34:39

Get someone now.

Red lines are dangerous.

And yes I mean NOW.

gfw01 Tue 14-Mar-17 09:36:08

Hi there, I would give the doctor a call and get it checked out asap. X

DonkeyOaty Tue 14-Mar-17 09:38:43

Tracking lines are not good. You'll need antibiotics, please don't hang around.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 16-Mar-17 07:50:35

Hey OP, hope you went to the doctor?

uhohspaghettios Thu 16-Mar-17 08:39:49

Hey all,

I couldn't get an on the day appt so talked to my GP sister in law. She said it wasn't really a concern unless I started to feel unwell or the red patch got redder and angrier. It's all stayed pretty much static so nothing to report really.

Thanks for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now