Talk

Advanced search

Shard of tooth in gum

(3 Posts)
puzzledbyadream Sat 23-Jul-16 23:35:12

So this evening I noticed a sharp bit on the roof of my mouth, in front of my second incisor. I poked at it a bit thinking it was a piece of popcorn but then curiosity got the better of me and so I had a look with a mirror. It looked like a small bit of bone in my gum! I did lots of googling and came to the conclusion it must be a residual bit of tooth from somewhere or other. So of course I carried on poking it, pushing it back and forwards with my nail and my tongue and eventually a small slither of tooth came out. It was marvellous. All that work and a tangible thing to show for it.

I had an accident and broke 3 of my front teeth 3 years ago and i'm wondering if it's a splinter of tooth from then. Or could it have been the root of a milk tooth re-emerging nearly 20 years since the tooth fell out? Who knows?

Mouthfulofquiz Sat 23-Jul-16 23:49:34

That's awesome! Congratulations! 😂

Notthiswankagain Wed 27-Jul-16 22:08:47

I had a dry socket a couple of years ago, and six weeks after having my tooth removed, I dug out a bit of tooth. The dry socket healed after that (funnily enough)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now