Joining the bollicle club...

(20 Posts)
BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Sun 17-Jul-16 14:19:15

blush
It's nothing like the size of the famous kato's, but how do I tell if it is infected? It is hot and incredibly painful and I feel rather crap, which made me think so, but my temp isn't up?

I'm a tad paranoid as I am immunocompromised. I'm not long recovering from an abscess in my bloody jaw too hmm

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Sun 17-Jul-16 14:23:09

It's maybe a little smaller than a marble? I promise I did just try to get a picture, but it's a) a tad hard to see due to lack of topiary and b) a bit indecent grin

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Sun 17-Jul-16 14:23:47

Oh balls (ha!) I forgot...

<<KLAXON!!!>>

OhMyWord16 Sun 17-Jul-16 14:25:34

If it's hot, painful, you feel crap and you're immunocompromised, I think you should go to the nearest OOH this afternoon or ring 111 for an OOH GP appointment.
You can have infection without a raised temperature, in fact, you can have cellulitis/tracking infection without a raised temperature. Some people permanently have a lower body temperature than normal.
Good luck, don't leave it

flanjabelle Sun 17-Jul-16 14:28:58

I think you probably need to get it seen in your circumstances op. Don't take chances when imunocomprimised. Good luck.

LanaorAna1 Sun 17-Jul-16 14:30:52

Um, I've just had cellulitis and borderline sepsis without a temp. The doc screamed 'Unreal' when she saw my little klaxon. Go to A&E now.

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Sun 17-Jul-16 14:33:29

Oh no, don't tell me a&e! I'd feel way ott taking my bollocle to the hospital blush

OhMyWord16 Sun 17-Jul-16 14:43:08

Ring your GP practice, get the Out of Hours number from the answer message and take it from there.
If the OOH GP thinks bollicle needs onwards A+E referral, they will advise.

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Sun 17-Jul-16 15:17:46

DH is going to ring ooh in a minute for me.

Can recurrent cysts be caused by PID? I was treated for chlaymidia when I was young and naive, and often get random little spots. I don't normally feel ill with them though - I feel wobbly like the day my jaw one was diagnosed. But that could be entirely psychosomatic. Anyway. I think I just need to ramble on grin

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Sun 17-Jul-16 16:17:26

Waiting for a doctor to call back now...

AlistairSim Sun 17-Jul-16 16:19:33

Good luck, Beyond!

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Sun 17-Jul-16 17:53:54

Update... Earliest appt is gone midnight, which is a struggle with the kids so they've said to wait till the morning and see my GP, salt bath, pain meds etc, but if my temp spikes overnight to call back and they can see me straight away as an emergency.

OhMyWord16 Sun 17-Jul-16 19:45:32

Sounds sensible
Good luck xx

Arfarfanarf Sun 17-Jul-16 23:07:38

Normally im an advocate of throttling the bollicle but yes in your circs getting help is good idea.
Do update though, yeah? :D

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Mon 18-Jul-16 08:37:27

Got an appointment for later today. It's still the same size, hot and painful, but I don't feel as ill today. Luckily I have a 'spare' reason for my Drs appt (Physio) just in case they think I'm being paranoid.

Okkitokkiunga Mon 18-Jul-16 21:34:40

How did it go?

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Tue 19-Jul-16 04:40:24

My bartholins abscess self diagnosis was correct grin I have strong antibiotics for a week, if they don't work I'll be operated on 😬

I'll see if I can film the op, if it comes to that wink

Okkitokkiunga Tue 19-Jul-16 21:33:33

I hope you are feeling better. Have you been tempted to have a hot bath "just in case" you can help it on its way?

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Wed 20-Jul-16 11:15:25

Lots of hot baths, and as much gentle squeezing as my poor bollocle can take grin with a mirror, of course

My antibiotics taste like the inside of a kinder Bueno!? Yum smile

IamNotDarling Thu 11-Aug-16 23:34:43

How are you OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now