Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had their ears micro suctioned?

(8 Posts)
BoopTheSnoot Thu 23-Jun-16 09:25:49

If so, how was it? I really like the sound of it and am thinking of getting it done.

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe Thu 23-Jun-16 09:34:21

I remember dd did years ago when she was little. Apparently they don't syringe childrens ears so this was the only option. She didn't like it much as I recall, but that might have been that she thought the whole thing was scary cos of her age.

It wasn't a huge success and to my mind didn't seem to give ears the good clear out that old fashioned syringing does.

Germgirl Thu 23-Jun-16 10:13:58

I have mine done every few months. They got a load of pus and rubbish out.
It really really REALLY hurts me because I have dodgy, constantly infected ears.
The tube full of pus and blood is quite fascinating though, I always ask to have a look at it.

BoopTheSnoot Thu 23-Jun-16 10:21:21

My hearings fine so I know my ears aren't blocked. But they're itchy all the time at the moment in a place I can't seem to reach with cotton buds. I know it's rank, but I just want it done so I can look at what gets sucked out blush

lowcrabdiet Thu 23-Jun-16 10:24:15

I've had it done twice. I get recurring ear infections and sometimes my ears are so full of puss it's the only way to get rid of the infection.

It can be uncomfortable. But the sense of relief when the puss is starting to clear from areas you can't possibly reach yourself is immense. Almost blissful.

Germgirl Thu 23-Jun-16 11:33:50

Mine are itchy all the time too. Have you tried an antihistamine? That's the only thing that helps mine

BoopTheSnoot Thu 23-Jun-16 14:34:12

I haven't, but I'll give it a go!

WindPowerRanger Thu 23-Jun-16 18:49:59

Stop using the cotton buds! That is what I was advised, and it worked.

Apparently they irritate the skin of the ear canal, so you itch, use them, get temporary relief then the itching comes back even worse. You will have to tolerate mad itching for a couple of days, then things should improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now