Dh's elbow, in all its glory!

(8 Posts)

About a month ago do had fluid drained from a swelling on his elbow, that was probably due to a pressure sore (he'd been stuck on a very delayed plane, and had his elbow on the armrest for a long time).

He had antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, but the swelling has come back, and now it is HUUUUGE!

He has a GP appointment on Monday but we have rung NHS24 because I think it will burst before then, and we are off to the OOH service.

Neither he, nor the doctor who drained it the first time think it would be a good idea for me to stick something sharp in it (whilst trying to remain out of range) the meanies - but I am hoping to get to watch them drain it. Not sure if I will be allowed to film it though!!

KittyKrap Sat 11-Jun-16 14:22:31

Oooooooooooh!!!!!
My DH has one but it's just fluid, I keep checking for an infection but no luck..

I call it his Beano elbow as it sticks out like a Beano comic drawing of an elbow.

ArmfulOfRoses Sat 11-Jun-16 15:24:08

You have to film it though, for mankind and that.

Groovee Sat 11-Jun-16 15:31:54

Oh my word!

We're back from OOH - it's olecranon bursitis, but the orthopaedic surgeon we saw doesn't favour draining them, so it is getting left to resolve on its own.

And I'm not allowed to stick a needle in it. sad

Sorry there isn't a better ending to this.

Groovee Sat 11-Jun-16 19:39:33

Oh man

lordStrange Sat 11-Jun-16 19:42:46

sad some doctors are just selfish.

Hissy Sat 11-Jun-16 19:51:14

Get a second opinion dammit! Aspiration of said olecranon bursitis is all over the Internet!, what's that surgeons problem? Doesn't he know who you are????

😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now