Verruca advice please...

(11 Posts)
peripateticparents Mon 06-Jun-16 11:55:52

My first verruca experience. Ds(7). The Mumsnet search told me banana skin, duct tape, etc. Everything kept falling off, for weeks. Even loops of tape all around the foot. Was about to try nail polish but went to ds' foot and it looks like this. I spent the last 2 days with vomiting 12 month old so hadn't been as observant as normal. Is it gone? Do I need to keep at it? I'm gutted I didn't see the in between stages ...

girlandboy Tue 07-Jun-16 22:05:36

Duct tape etc wouldn't stick on DS's toe either. Mind you, his feet always seem to be wet! confused

I'm going down the nail varnish line now, but we're only 4 days in so I don't have much to report. Apart from his toe looks funny with dark red nail varnish underneath it grin

peripateticparents Wed 08-Jun-16 02:39:05

Same here in the wet feet ..... And fingers that like to pick at the loose corners the rest of the time, I suspecthmm

Motherfuckers Wed 08-Jun-16 03:48:03

That is not gone. Far far from it. File it down a bit, then any acid/freeze gel will work better. (rubs thighs)

Motherfuckers Wed 08-Jun-16 03:49:48

Is that another one on the other side of the foot? (faints with jealousy)

scoobyloobyloo Wed 08-Jun-16 05:15:27

Looks like it has wormed it's way out to me.

Keep an eye on it to see if it changes but the skin should now heal and it will disappear.

Did you try compeed plasters? Thy work like gaffer and stick well.

Motherfuckers Wed 08-Jun-16 05:25:18

Noooo! You can see the black dots still!!! Can't you??!? (I am getting a little too invested in this) Clip the edges away with a cuticle nipper and then we can see for sure! grin

GoodStuffAnnie Wed 08-Jun-16 05:35:12

The ONLY thing that works is apple cider vinegar. 48 hours and it'll be gone.

GinandJag Wed 08-Jun-16 05:43:29

There's a lot to be said for leaving it. If you remove it, there won't be a chance for immunity to the virus to be built up.

peripateticparents Wed 08-Jun-16 06:50:26

Compeed plasters averaged a bit less than 24 hours. To be fair, we are currently in a hot country and there has been a lot of rock pools and backyard water play.
Will check again this morning for black bits and new locations tho the only time I noticed small black spots was when we were doing the banana skin overnight.... I had faint hopes but the spots disappeared when I stopped using the skins because it was someone else's bed and they kept vanishing

girlandboy Wed 08-Jun-16 13:58:54

Leaving them didn't work on my DS! He has had them literally for about 7 years now!
I read that if you left them they would eventually disappear on their own. It ain't happened here that's for sure, and now he's got one on the other foot! And in the last 3 or 4 months the originals are growing and spreading!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now