what is this on my arm

(11 Posts)
Heyheyheygoodbye Wed 18-May-16 08:04:37

Doesn't look much but it's itchy and hot and hurts. Three days ago it was two tiny grey dots. Last night it looked like a scratch. And this morning this.

Fatal spider bite? Shall I get the mag sulph on it?

Heyheyheygoodbye Wed 18-May-16 16:09:34

Bump...it's started to throb a bit now and I have developed cold-like symptoms, which of course could be a coincidence. DH shone a torch at it (apparently this is what his Dad used to do) and says it looks yellow sad

MrsHathaway Wed 18-May-16 16:12:22

Biro round the edge of the red so you can see if it grows. Toothpaste on it (honestly) to relieve the itching. Look again in the morning.

KittyKrap Wed 18-May-16 16:13:34

Looks like a spider bite. Any chance you could cut your arm off? That's what I'd do!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 18-May-16 16:15:56

i'd say a bite...maybe spider, do you feel the spiderbabes running about inside yet?

or maybe a horsefly/cleg/Blandford fly type thing....you'll maybe need ant histamines for that...i puff up like a michelin man if anything like that bites me.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 18-May-16 16:17:21

haha...ant histamines...they would obviously be to feed the baby spiders

it's anti histamines for the fly bites. 3)

Looly71 Wed 18-May-16 16:18:22

That's just cruel Tondelaya. - I would definitely be chopping my arm off at thought of spider babies grin

KittyKrap Wed 18-May-16 16:19:34

Well it's been left overnight so the spider babies will be multiplying like mad.

It was nice knowing you confused

Heyheyheygoodbye Wed 18-May-16 16:35:43

I quite like the idea of shooting spider babies out of my arm. Surely that would make me some kind of super villain. I await my Marvel movies contract grin

Getting the biro and toothpaste out now!

KittyKrap Wed 18-May-16 16:43:34

I don't think they'll need their teeth brushing..

PeaceLoveAndDiscoBiscuits Wed 18-May-16 20:18:10

Was there blood when you first noticed it? A horsefly bite is really nasty, they actually slash you open rather than just piercing you. It will be extremely sore and sort of burn.
I still have a scar from one on my leg sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now