Talk

Advanced search

Ingrowing hair. The gift that keeps on giving!

(30 Posts)
TheWizardOfOs Mon 16-May-16 16:22:15

But I'd quite like it to go away.

It is right on top of pubes line (so no photo sad). On top of a 15 year old surgical scar.
It's about a cm across and fills up. I squeeze it. It goes away for a bit. Then fills up again. Hair nowhere in sight but in there somewhere, probably about a foot long.

So. What do I do? Gin, lidocaine and a scalpel? Dig with tweezers?

OrlandaFuriosa Mon 16-May-16 16:24:40

Sounds more like a cyst...get it removed by surgeon, as they will need to take out the surrounding surface.

DonkeyOaty Mon 16-May-16 16:25:53

You need to pop to your local jewellers and purloin a loupe for extreme close up

PeaceLoveAndDiscoBiscuits Mon 16-May-16 20:39:15

Yup go to the doctor if it's really bothering you. Has anyone else had a good look for the hair? I'm available in the south east grin

PoohBearsHole Mon 16-May-16 20:56:12

I had on n pant/thigh line, popped it one day and it literally hit the ceiling [boak] had to have it removed, less satisfying to try and pop though sad

CheckpointCharlie2 Mon 16-May-16 20:58:27

Haha discobiscuits grin cool name btw.

CheckpointCharlie2 Mon 16-May-16 20:59:02

I would dig about in it but probably in advisable......

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 16-May-16 20:59:36

My mum had one on her jawline and when the doc removed it, it was the size of a grape. He let her have a poke at it then showed her what was in it. What an amazing man. God bless the NHS.

PeaceLoveAndDiscoBiscuits Mon 16-May-16 21:00:32

Thenew and what was inside???

gingerbreadmanm Mon 16-May-16 21:01:29

I had similar. I exfoliated daily and put sudacrem on it. It eventually softened enough to be a bit of a wound at which point i think the hair finally bloody freed itself. Took a about 6 weeks confused

Goandplay Mon 16-May-16 21:03:20

Yes! What was in it?!

FortyFacedFuckers Mon 16-May-16 21:05:12

Oh I had one like this on my bikini line it was a huge black spot after weeks of going at it with tweezers I finally managed to grab the hair it was around 6cm all wound up in a ball it was amazing! One of the best days of my life! grin

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 16-May-16 21:06:58

Some kind of granular pus-y stuff. Smelled rank apparently. It was caused by an ingrown hair.

OrlandaFuriosa Mon 16-May-16 21:15:59

I had one on the inner thigh. Popped it a few times but it grew and grew, eventually had it taken out, somewhere between size if ping pong and golf ball. Same colour. With uneven edges. Cause by ingrown hair. Yuk. Hence get it taken out.

TheWizardOfOs Mon 16-May-16 22:47:24

I need to numb it and go at it with something pointy.

Goandplay Tue 17-May-16 22:53:38

I have pointy tweezers from Boots. Maybe you could ask the pharmacist for the cream they sell for children having a blood test - elmza or something it's called. That would numb it.
Is it bizarre that I sort of wish I had one blush

WeeM Tue 17-May-16 23:04:14

You need an appointment with Dr Pimple Popper...

Itslikeyoureadmymind Tue 17-May-16 23:34:25

I have posted about mine before, but I love an ingrown hair (I really do).

For about a year I had a black lump on my bikini line, just in the crease of my leg. I viciously attacked for a year, but no doing. The fucker eluded me although I could see the fact that it was there and I knew it was a hair. It used to cause a weird sensation down my leg. I was 19 and definitely should have asked the dr about it but I was shy back then and didn't want to show my bits. After a shower, I went for a squeeze and there was a bit of hair sticking out, so I grabbed the tweezers (as we're always kept by the loo in an attempt to get the fucker out). So I pulled. And pulled. And pulled. I swear it was about four inches long. All coiled up.

I'm jealous of yours. I loved that hair blush

reallybadidea Tue 17-May-16 23:42:17

I just can't understand why you want to get rid of it. I dream of developing something like that. Some people are so ungrateful...

Bluecarrot Tue 17-May-16 23:49:07

I had an ingrowing hair on my jawline and the bump was about 1/2cm. It took 4 weeks of twice daily steaming(?) with a hot flannel for 10 mins a time for the hair to actually get to the surface. Was about 3 inches long so must have been an issue a while before it actually looked like the red lump. Was really freaky to keep pulling and pulling....
Prob shouldn't have poked so much though cause now I still have a scar type bump sad
I read hydrocortisone is good to put on it, but not suitable if pregnant ( which I am)

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Tue 17-May-16 23:52:16

I once squeezed a lump on my pube line (top of inner thigh/pubic area) and a hard ball of pus came out with a load of balled up hairs.

It was very special.

HappenstanceMarmite Tue 17-May-16 23:58:19

Nothing quite so satisfying as digging out an ingrown. I go deliberately s l o w l y, so as to cherish every moment. Then I'll hold the rogue hair up to the light, touching the root with a finger and marvel at how wet it is! Anyone else,

HappenstanceMarmite Tue 17-May-16 23:58:30

*?

Itslikeyoureadmymind Wed 18-May-16 08:46:33

happen yes! And when you get your tweezers under it and it makes that little loop that you can just flip out.
sigh

SpaceDinosaur Sun 22-May-16 23:15:05

If tweezers are too cumbersome I regularly sterilise suck for a bit a pin or a needle and get things going with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now