Talk

Advanced search

CHANGE OF DATE - In or near London and want to join us for an interactive workshop at Mumsnet? - £100 incentive for your participation

(26 Posts)
LucyBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Jan-20 14:16:32

IMPORTANT - CHANGE OF DATE

We are looking for 10 MNers to join us together at the Mumsnet offices and give their opinions during a 1.5 hour interactive workshop. The session will include open floor conversation about best ways to save money or go through the process of purchasing a home, and the role your family played, if any, throughout the journey. Refreshments will be provided.

If selected, you will receive further invite details of where and when to attend. The workshop will take place on Wednesday 5th February from 10am - 11.30am at the Mumsnet London office in Kentish Town.

If you would be available at this new time and would be interested in taking part, please sign-up here.

All selected attendees who actively engage in the workshop for the entire duration will have their participation rewarded with a £100 incentive (this incentive includes travel costs).

Thanks!
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

PhilomenaChristmasPie Mon 20-Jan-20 14:43:08

I don't think I'd be much use, as I've never bought a home.

CakeandCoffeeQueen Mon 20-Jan-20 14:44:59

What are the timings for the day? I’m just wondering if I can fit in around the school run

LucyBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Jan-20 16:15:23

Hi @CakeandCoffeeQueen - the workshops will take place between 9am and 1pm or 1pm and 5pm. You can indicate when you are available in the sign-up survey. Hope this helps! smile

JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-Jan-20 18:01:01

@CakeandCoffeeQueen - following your comment we've had a re-think here at MNHQ and we've added a 10am - 2pm option to the survey in case this is when most users would be able to attend. If anyone has already signed up but would prefer this time, please send us a PM or email us at insight@mumsnet.com to let us know smile

PlushPlush Tue 21-Jan-20 09:13:00

Could I bring my baby?

monkeyted Tue 21-Jan-20 19:38:42

I'm also wondering if it's one that's suitable to bring children to? I could do either of the dates but would have to bring my 2.5 year old.

ScarlettBlaize Tue 21-Jan-20 20:02:00

I've bought a family home twice and am available on those days but I can't see how a four hour focus group can be run with babies and toddlers there. Would be good if MNHQ could confirm either way

senua Tue 21-Jan-20 20:21:21

Oooh, look. MNHQ with another survey where only Londoners are invited.

LucyBMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 22-Jan-20 14:38:01

Hi @PlushPlush, @monkeyted and @ScarlettBlaize - Thanks for your posts. Just to clarify, babes in arms are welcome at the workshop smile

ScarlettBlaize Wed 22-Jan-20 17:46:00

Thanks Lucy. I'll give that one a miss then grin

spongedog Fri 24-Jan-20 16:15:45

The new timing during a weekday puts most London rail commuters onto a Full day priced ticket rather than cheap day return (only available after 9:30). Tube and train would be about £28 plus commuter parking £8. So the incentive is not that great.

Littlemissice Fri 24-Jan-20 19:03:28

My 7 month old son always gets really tired only an hour after he wakes up. I keep him awake between naps for 2 to 2.5 hours and he sleeps well during the day but still gets tired and grumpy after the first hour awake. Any advice? I also have problems with him sleeping at night, he still insists on a bottle and only wakes up once, but sometimes I can be up with him for 2 hours! Help? I'm desperate for some proper sleep!

bringbananas Sat 25-Jan-20 08:57:12

I am probably available, but I would need to change an appointment in order to make it. I live on the same train line as KT. Could you give me an idea of how likely I would be to be selected please so I know whether to change my appointment?

user1469530553 Sat 25-Jan-20 10:32:10

You do realise that by only listening to the opinion of londoners you're going to get a totally skewed response?

mimiblack Sat 25-Jan-20 17:33:54

Can expecting mothers who rent attend this?

AwkwardPaws27 Mon 27-Jan-20 13:17:36

Can you attend if you bought more than a couple of years ago? We bought our first home (flat) 5 years ago, and sold it to buy a house 2 years ago.

NaughtyLittleElf Mon 27-Jan-20 18:54:18

Most people don't actually live in London and their opinions actually matter.

GirlFromMars1 Tue 28-Jan-20 11:48:38

I've completed the survey and woukd be keen to participate. We bought our London flat 8 years ago but renovated and extended it a couple of years ago. Wouldn't be in this position with our family help. Considering options now for moving or buying another place and renting this one out.

GirlFromMars1 Tue 28-Jan-20 11:50:12

Typo- should say couldn't have done the work without family help.

Etinox Tue 28-Jan-20 17:43:14

Start a new thread here @Littlemissice as your post won’t be seen here! Good luck
flowers

Naicemum Tue 28-Jan-20 19:29:24

Hi Mumsnet, I signed up but the link forwards me to a SurveyMonkey survey about US politics? Most of the questions are not applicable? Was this supposed to happen?

Naicemum Tue 28-Jan-20 19:35:54

P.s also mistakenly signed up under my old username but am sure you can connect the dots 🙂

sallievp Wed 29-Jan-20 11:49:47

Survey done.would love to take part.

Barbityrater Wed 29-Jan-20 19:39:00

Sounds interesting, are there any routes from other countries?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »