Talk

Advanced search

UK MNer with at least one child aged 13+? Want to chat with Facebook?

(19 Posts)
EllieMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Feb-19 16:30:16

We are currently working with Facebook to try and uncover the topics and information that parents and teenagers would like to know about the social media platform. In order to dive deeper into parents and teenagers feelings around Facebook we would love 6 Mumsnet users to come along to Facebook HQ in London on Wednesday 27th February, 5:00-7:00 pm to take part in a focus group and openly discuss the topics and information you would like to know more about with other Mumsnet users and Facebook themselves.

This is open to all UK MNers who have a Facebook account and at least one teenager aged 13+. As Facebook would like to understand the opinions of both parents and teenagers, we would love you to bring your teenager (aged 13+) along too - although this is not obligatory. Your teenager also must have a Facebook account.

Here’s what Facebook has to say: “At Facebook, we understand that many people have questions about what Facebook is doing to improve in order to keep people safe online. We’ve been working hard over the past year, making updates and improvements to protect user’s privacy, and tackle important issues such as online bullying. We’re excited to be working with Mumsnet to hear your feedback about our platform so we can help make Facebook better for everyone. We’d love to know what you think so please do let us know if you’d like to be involved.”

Here is some more information on the Facebook focus group day:

- Facebook HQ London (closest tube station is Warren Street)
- Wednesday 27th February 2019
- Arrive at 5:00pm for a 5:30 start. Finishes at 7:00pm
- Travel costs will not be covered but selected attendees will receive a £50 voucher + a Facebook goodie bag
- Food will be provided

Selected testers will be required to leave feedback on a private thread on Mumsnet and everyone that does so will be given a £10 voucher of their choice (from a list).

If you are interested in taking part, please click here to sign up. We will be in touch with those selected via email.

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

steppemum Mon 11-Feb-19 12:44:47

hmm, I have 16, 14 and 11 year old.

For them, facebook is massively dated and old fashioned and they wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

sorry!

nancy75 Mon 11-Feb-19 15:38:45

My 13 year old said Facebook is for old people ( thanks Dd!)

RomanyQueen1 Mon 11-Feb-19 16:31:43

Mine uses facebook, she is 15, but it's a business/ networking tool.
she uses other social media for friends and general chit chat.

calpop Tue 12-Feb-19 01:11:36

My 14y old and 12y old said the same when I asked if they would like facebook accounts - thanks, but no thanks. its for parents/old people, boring.

DowntonCrabby Tue 12-Feb-19 10:31:28

Too far to come from NE Scotland.

My teen has an account/occasionally uses FB but generally thinks it’s for “old people”

Rojak Tue 12-Feb-19 11:32:50

Will Facebook just talk about Facebook or will Instagram be part of the focus group? My teens use Instagram far more than they use FB

EllieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 12-Feb-19 14:43:38

Hi @Rojak this will be solely on Facebook.

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 12-Feb-19 20:57:42

No, mine are not interested in FB and haven’t been for years. It’s all SnapChat and Insta these days.

Do FB not know this? confused

hamsterdance Wed 13-Feb-19 11:40:01

The only reason my dd 13 has a Facebook account is so she can get information from one of her clubs. She gave up all social media months ago as she says it's a pointless waste if life and if her friends want to speak to her they can call or text. She is very old for her years.

Skyejuly Thu 14-Feb-19 11:44:55

I'm interested but donr like idea 0f passing on all details.

RomanyQueen1 Thu 14-Feb-19 11:52:32

I think fb is going back to how it originated as a business tool.
It's great for sales, promotion, networking.
Most people I know use it for business, older people for pleasure, but teens tend to use other methods for social media.

aliceandkids77 Thu 14-Feb-19 22:24:56

Hi dolls, need desperate help on name my baby girlie no2! I already have a Poppy Grace. Baby 2 is either Molly Alice or Scarlett Alice. Which do you prefer? Thankyou xx

RomanyQueen1 Thu 14-Feb-19 22:45:37

alice

Maybe post in baby names, and who are dolls and girlie?

TheQueensCousin Fri 15-Feb-19 13:29:43

DS just about to move from teens to twenties thinks that FB is not current and is mainly used by older people ie. me. Actually I prefer other social media sites eg. Instagram etc....much less intrusive than FB imho.

EthelFechan Fri 15-Feb-19 20:38:47

I think Facebook has a bloody cheek to not offer to cover travel costs. Why do you allow that MNHQ?

SnowyAlpsandPeaks Fri 15-Feb-19 22:06:29

14ds- he won’t touch Facebook neither will any of his friends- it’s for old people according to them!

goldengummybear Sat 16-Feb-19 20:34:59

My teens only have a FB account because a lot of games use FB for cloud saving, free in-game premium currency or fast registration. They see it as dinosaur tech unlike Snapchat and Instagram.

lljkk Sun 17-Feb-19 23:44:44

we live far outside London and... my 3 teens don't actively use FBk. They all have accounts for various reasons, but they never use them. Oldies-ville, deffo.

I think Instagram is The Place for 2 older teens & youngest teen is on WhatsApp.

Don't FBk own Instagram?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: