Talk

Advanced search

Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Come along to an EXCLUSIVE Annie Preview Screening on Sunday 14th December - London, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Bath! Chance to win a Sony Camera and an Annie Goody Bag! NOW CLOSED

(94 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

AnnIEMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Nov-14 13:53:12

Here at MNHQ we are very excited to be able to offer MNers - at five different locations - the chance to have an exclusive MN preview screening on Sunday 14th December of the brand new Annie movie (At Cinemas December 20).

Read all about it here: www.anniemovie.co.uk/

Annie Movie Synopsis
Academy Award® nominee Quvenzhané Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild) stars as Annie, a young, happy foster kid who’s also tough enough to make her way on the streets of New York in 2014. Originally left by her parents as a baby with the promise that they’d be back for her someday, it’s been a hard knock life ever since with her mean foster mom Miss Hannigan (Cameron Diaz). But everything’s about to change when the hard-nosed tycoon and New York mayoral candidate Will Stacks (Jamie Foxx) – advised by his brilliant VP, Grace (Rose Byrne) and his shrewd and scheming campaign advisor, Guy (Bobby Cannavale) – makes a thinly-veiled campaign move and takes her in. Stacks believes he’s her guardian angel, but Annie’s self-assured nature and bright, sun-will-come-out-tomorrow outlook on life just might mean it’s the other way around.

Check out the trailer here:

The film features Jamie Foxx as Will Stacks, Quvenzhané Wallis as Annie, Rose Byrne as Grace, Bobby Cannavale as Guy, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Nash, David Zayas as Lou and Cameron Diaz as Miss Hannigan

The MN screenings will take place on Sunday 14th December - 5 days ahead of official release!

Locations and times are below:

~ Wimbledon - 10 for 10.30 am NOW ALL ALLOCATED
~ Birmingham Broadway Plaza - 10 for 10.30 am
~ Manchester Printworks - 10 for 10.30 am
~ Glasgow Braehead - 10 for 10.30 am
~ Bath - 9.30 for 10 am STILL AVAILABLE

At the theatre, there will be some delicious popcorn and water on your seats. Late comers will not be admitted and as this is a preview screening there will be no mobile phone/ video camera/ camera use permitted in the theatre, and the theatres will be monitored by a security team using night vision goggles throughout the film.

You're welcome to bring your children to the event and a max of 2 adults per party.

Please state on the form the group size - no changes to this can be made as we want to fill each cinema!

Please note, the film is rated PG and therefore suitable for children under Parental Guidance. You will need to make your own way to the screening and parking is available. Sony Pictures Releasing advises that the film is suitable for children aged 6+

In return we want you to return to MN after the screening and to add your film review as well as post a photo or two of your and your DC in the foyer before or after the screening. We'd also love you to tweet your review with #AnnieMovie.

As an extra thank you, everyone who adds their feedback on the thread on MN will be entered into a prize draw where 5 lucky winners will win a Sony WX350 Camera worth £239 and an Annie Goody Bag!

If you'd like to attend please add your details here.

Here's the link again https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AnnieMN

We will be in touch with selected MNers (and are likely to run a standby list) - those selected will need to confirm their attendance with a third party supplier - full details will be sent

Thanks and enjoy the movie!

MNHQ

NoelleHawthorne Mon 24-Nov-14 13:53:56

PISSING SELF at night vision goggles

HOW rude!

NoelleHawthorne Mon 24-Nov-14 13:54:23

the presumption that people you INVITE are criminals is simply appalling!

AnnIEMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Nov-14 17:03:44

Hi noelle - unfortunately it's a requirement for the preview screening to have folks checking for any filming and the only way they can do it is night vision. We're lucky in that the screenings are quite a few days in advance of the actual release, so Mumsnetters will be some of the first in the UK to see the film, but this does mean this - which is a quite common requirement for preview screenings - has to be put in place by the film company. We're hoping it won't be too obtrusive. And we deffo don't think you're a crim smile

I'd love to, could get there and would be quite happy to review it, but the requirement to post a photo of myself and the DCs is a complete showstopper for me, sorry.

AnnIEMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Nov-14 12:06:08

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes - welcome to name change for feedback or do the photo incognito if you prefer!

NecesitoDormir Tue 25-Nov-14 12:29:20

"We love you Miss ANNIEgan!" - See what I did there? ;)

MyOneandYoni Tue 25-Nov-14 16:28:34

Oooh - exciting! Annie (the original) is a big hit in this house so this would sure to be a fab Christmas treat for us!!

LocalEditorEssex Tue 25-Nov-14 17:25:52

Ohhhh I would love this smile

TywysogesGymraeg Tue 25-Nov-14 18:12:38

But why have they cast a black Annie? Looks all wrong.

NecesitoDormir Tue 25-Nov-14 19:46:49

Why not a black Annie?! Does it matter?

ColdCottage Tue 25-Nov-14 19:54:41

I was crossing my fingers for Oxford.

RoundRobinSparkles Tue 25-Nov-14 22:04:54

But...but there was no singing sad. Where was the singing?

I need It's A Hard Knock Life with children doing back flips and twirling around their brooms. <<pouts>> [disappointed]. It's not the saaaame!

Snakesandpropertyladders Tue 25-Nov-14 22:09:00

There's plenty of singing in the actual film!

RoundRobinSparkles Tue 25-Nov-14 22:12:26

Is there? Oh good! <feels better>

It does look like a good film. The old one was my favourite as a child. I was a bit obsessed. My friend lent me the video for a few weeks and I watched it every day until I gave it back blush.

RoundRobinSparkles Tue 25-Nov-14 22:14:40

Ah! Just watched a different trailer and there was singing and dancing. [satisfied]

TywysogesGymraeg Tue 25-Nov-14 23:19:05

It matters, because the original story was about a white Annie. It would be like casting a white man to play Nelson Mandela in a film.

RumAppleGinger Wed 26-Nov-14 06:00:58

Except it's nothing like that as little orphan Annie is a fictional character whereas Nelson Mandela was very much not. HTH.

Sorryconnectioncannotbefound Wed 26-Nov-14 08:28:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TywysogesGymraeg Wed 26-Nov-14 09:07:34

But the fictional character was white.

It doesn't really "matter", except that I like films to be as true to the original stories as possible, and in the comic strip Annie was white.

CurlyhairedAssassin Wed 26-Nov-14 18:49:41

Well there's no Daddy Warbucks either but you don't seem to have picked fault with that. confused

southeastastra Wed 26-Nov-14 18:58:05

security sounds tighter than the Kate bush concerts grin

TywysogesGymraeg Wed 26-Nov-14 19:44:47

I didn't know that there's no Daddy Warbucks! I haven't seen the film, just a trailer. Why is there no Daddy Warbucks??

I'm sure the film is fine, I just don't like change for the sake if change.

LadyofDunedin Wed 26-Nov-14 19:44:50

Oooo that would be lovely! Make the sun come out for me , mumsnet! smile please!

webjunkie Wed 26-Nov-14 20:40:20

Really hoping for Bath. My boys are doing a drama club production of Annie. Their version has boy orphans!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now