Talk

Advanced search

Share your magic trick for staying stylish when you're pressured for time with Stitch Fix

(320 Posts)
AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jul-19 13:07:05

This activity is now closed

Finding the time to look good and keep your wardrobe fresh can be tricky at the best of times, never mind when you’ve got your hands full with the various obstacles that life throws at you. Whether you’re trawling the high street or searching online, acquiring the right outfit for the right occasion can be a mission - and not always a successful one at that. With that in mind, Stitch Fix want to hear your tips and tricks for staying stylish when you’re pressured for time.

Here’s what Stitch Fix have to say:
"Stitch Fix takes the hard work out of shopping so that you can get back to what really matters, without sacrificing on style. After filling in a short online questionnaire, a Stylist hand-selects, just for you, pieces from the best established and emerging European brands. The selection is delivered straight to your door. Keep what works, return what doesn’t, simple as that!”

Do you have certain accessories you use to freshen up an outfit and make it look ‘new’? Or do you make a dash for the shops when you have a couple of hours free and hope for the best? Maybe you have a few key friends or relatives you can borrow clothes from at times of great need?

However you manage to stay stylish with limited time, post on the thread below and everyone who does will be entered into a prize draw where 1 MNer will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

BristolMum96 Mon 29-Jul-19 16:38:45

Classic, cosy, nice pattern jumpsuits. It's a whole outfit in one go. Match shoes and accessories. Tie hair up sleek if no time to do. I never wear make up

CMOTDibbler Mon 29-Jul-19 16:46:44

If I have no idea what to wear, then less is more - nice black dress, good jewellery, and my hair in a neat bun. This works for work (3/4 sleeve fitted dress) and dinner (long tapework dress)

Montydoo Mon 29-Jul-19 17:16:10

I love a silk scarf to brighten up any outfit, purples, patterned and white will always give a dull outfit, a suit or casual, a lift and makes you more feminine and confident, they are not that expensive and can make all the difference at the last minute - I keep mine in a shelf above the coats for a last minute accessory addition.

Flapdoodles Mon 29-Jul-19 17:46:35

My work outfits tend to be plain/dark so I accessorise using colourful bracelets or earrings.

pushchairprincess Mon 29-Jul-19 18:17:26

My black leather box jacket, goes with almost anything - jeans, any colour skirt, boots in winter and pumps in summer, when I add this to my outfit, it feels like an old friend, it has sharp edges and I love it - costume jewellery (primarni is good for this) for statement earrings bracelets and large necklaces for a great look too.

fishnships Mon 29-Jul-19 18:17:41

Agree, scarves and earrings!

PickingUpLicks Mon 29-Jul-19 19:11:38

I try not to leave things until the last minute so I usually have a stand-by outfit for most occasions anyway. I do buy new handbags and shoes to freshen up classic clothes, and I always wear earrings as I think small details count.

Thistly Mon 29-Jul-19 19:14:37

Looks like a nice service.
I have no idea how to stay stylish, however one lesson I have learned is that I can’t cope with clothes that are varied in tone; matching light with dark clothes is difficult. Therefore most of my clothes are dark, and they all go with each other.

DamnItsSevenAM Mon 29-Jul-19 19:18:12

I love wearing a big scarf, a bold piece of jewellery, or a great pair of boots. You can wear those with very simple clothes and still (hopefully) look like you've made an effort.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Mon 29-Jul-19 19:30:16

I got halfway through your quiz - as far as the body shape bit. Some of us are short, and the jeans question that said short leg length = 30 inches made me laugh. My jeans length is 28.

movinonup Mon 29-Jul-19 20:27:03

I find dressing stylishly far easier in the winter. A good wool coat and lovely leather boots makes you look put together even over leggings and a top.
My summer equivalent would be a denim jacket and stylish trainers with a maxi dress, big sunglasses are a must to feel stylish and put together.

jackstini Mon 29-Jul-19 20:39:05

Most of my wardrobe is print dresses, many with some black included.
Cold = opaque tights/shoe boots. Hot = bare legs and various shoes
Add cardigan//jacket if needed then jewellery to suit occasion

No matching of tops and bottoms and suits all seasons

Caillou Mon 29-Jul-19 21:02:52

i always wear a patterned scarf on a plain top. brightens up the outfit nicelysmile

starlight36 Mon 29-Jul-19 22:05:03

I try to update older dresses with shoes or boots from the current season. I also like buying new.costume jewellery.

GettickledGETTICKLEDbyspiders Mon 29-Jul-19 22:25:17

I have a little black dress and nice black shoes I ‘save for best’ I don’t often wear them, but I know they are there if I feel frumpy and need a naice outfit smile.

sliceofkate Mon 29-Jul-19 23:43:12

I like to buy a few on trend pieces and team these with classic staples that come back out year after year #vintage! I also love a bold print/pattern/colour as this attracts attention and distracts from my mumhair or schoolrun makeup.
My go to outfit this summer tends to be a loose fit tea dress with flat sandals and a fave denim jacket if needed. Soo much comfier than skinny jeans!

Theimpossiblegirl Mon 29-Jul-19 23:49:34

I choose clothes that I like and that suit me, rather than the latest trends. Accessories are also important, although I tend to take a less is more approach.

TellMeItsNotTrue Tue 30-Jul-19 02:42:51

I tend to plan ahead, pick up clothes that would suit certain occasions if I see them, and actively look for some long before I need them (e.g. Christening outfit when someone is due/just had a baby) so that I can take my time and find something I like without panic buying and being unhappy on the day

I also have a few outfits that are my comfort zone, they make me look good, suit a variety of occasions and can look different depending on accessories / wearing a skirt or pants with the same top etc.

I have bags, shoes and hair accessories in the main colours so that I can buy any outfit and know I've not got the added stress or expense of getting everything to go with it.

Plural Tue 30-Jul-19 03:22:54

Have a coordinated wardrobe. I stick to a colour palette of navy blue and some icon colours like emerald green. It means whatever I pick out matches

Monty27 Tue 30-Jul-19 03:41:50

Hang smart matching separates together. Always clean hair, smart shoes handbag and jacket. Way to go smile

jacqui5366 Tue 30-Jul-19 08:24:12

I have a black dress which fits just above my knees, it fits just perfect and is tailored to look fitted but comfortable.
With a pair of opaque tights and ballet pumps it's a great everyday outfit, however with black sheer tights, heels and some statement jewellery or a silk scarf, it's great for feeling dressed up and confident - it's my go-to piece
I have made a quick dash to the shops for a white blouse a black skirt for an interview or formal appointment, but my LBD is still my go-to outfit, dressed up or down it turns my frown upside down.

Sleepybumble Tue 30-Jul-19 09:25:50

Plain white ironed t-shirt, slightly tucked in to well cut jeans is my go to outfit. I feel stylish with minimal effort

voyager50 Tue 30-Jul-19 10:29:09

I have a few better quality items that won't date and go with lots of things and then I buy cheaper things when I need them for a bit of an update.

I am also very lucky that my mum has lots of clothes that she gets bored with and she passes them on to me!

JC4PMPLZ Tue 30-Jul-19 11:06:34

I don't think I do! I just find that red lipstick can lift a face and a good attitude goes a long way. I have all the clothes I have ever bought in my life pretty much - so I can usually improvise something for the right occasion.

Cosmia Tue 30-Jul-19 12:55:32

I try to resist the temptation to go for different looks - there are a couple of classic looks that work best for me and I always end up going back to them (jeans, jacket, crisp shirt, dressed up or down). Diverting from the formula usually ends in disaster!

sharond101 Tue 30-Jul-19 13:07:26

Scarves and high heels transform you from slob to stylish in seconds.

SeekingShade Tue 30-Jul-19 15:51:01

all my clothes are a limited colour palette so tend to all go with each other. i also have the right underwear for going under eveeything

ElizabethinherGermanGarden Tue 30-Jul-19 17:19:26

I always think that I don't know - I'm quite unimaginative and usually wear slim black or navy trousers with a boxy cotton top or short-sleeved jumper in the same colour. However, a colleague paid me a compliment recently and said that I have a 'signature style' and 'always know how to dress'. I was completely bowled over because I'm always just grateful if I don't have stains on my front.

That's my tip: all one colour, slim fit, no stains down your front. That's the best I can do.

MakeTeaNotWar Tue 30-Jul-19 19:45:35

I people watch and mimic a good outfit, I might even ask someone where their item of clothing is from and buy it. I also follow certain IG posters and put together similar outfits that I like. It saves me from having to think about it and I do get lots of compliments on being "well put together". I'm 43

DitaFajitaJones Tue 30-Jul-19 21:06:39

It's all about the hair and makeup. You could be wearing a very 'plain' outfit but you want to go from a day to night look, get some lippy on, poof up that hair and voila!

mrsglowglow Tue 30-Jul-19 22:29:01

I'm normally casual during the day, but can look smart by changing shoes, bag, makeup, some jewellery. I try and always have my hair smartish and will make an effort to style it when going out. I'd love for someone to style me but I do ok and much better as I get older knowing what suits me rather than the latest fashion.

Olajs Tue 30-Jul-19 23:07:14

I make sure I always have a really flattering pair of jeans to hand and a failsafe ‘uniform’ of items that go with them. If I’m pressured I can just sling on the jeans and use my uniform formula to sort out the rest of the outfit and know I look stylish.

MrsFrTedCrilly Wed 31-Jul-19 00:23:35

Know what suits your body shape although don’t be afraid to experiment with colour. I’m a sucker for accessories and will generally follow shoe and bag trends rather than kooky style trends. Good hair cut will also help anyone look and feel more confident

PinPon Wed 31-Jul-19 06:54:24

Pick out outfits the night before- make mornings so much easier!

Soola Wed 31-Jul-19 09:07:11

Nowadays I don’t tend to buy things that are very in fashion now as they most certainly won’t be next year, so I buy things that suit me and will have a longer lifespan.

I prefer investment pieces to throwaway fashion.

I will spend a lot of money on very good quality accessories such as handbags, jewellery and scarves because I know that I will use them for many years and they can change the look of many different outfits so easily.

Byrdie Wed 31-Jul-19 14:59:14

I think as long as you've got a nice pair of shoes on, a good handbag and a decent coat you can look stylish in anything!

Goingovertosusanshouse Wed 31-Jul-19 15:07:43

I love adding new buttons to items

Pepperwand Wed 31-Jul-19 15:33:56

I think sticking to a capsule wardrobe can be key. Invest in good quality staples that are classic; a great paid of jeans, a wool coat, fab boots, dark blazer etc. If most of your pieces can mix and match then it doesn't take much time to think about what to wear in the morning.

strongnosugar Wed 31-Jul-19 15:48:27

I have a few ‘go to’ outfits when I need something I know will work in a hurry. They tend to fit my shape well, quite simple shapes and easily accessorised to keep modern.

AwdBovril Wed 31-Jul-19 15:58:58

Simple outfit, decent shoes, I know what colours suit me. Add lipstick, blush (I dye my brows & lashes myself) & add earrings - I have a rather nice pair of plain silver drops, & some simple pearl studs. My hair is very short so that takes about 2 seconds! I wear brown shoes & bag if I'm wearing blue as my base colour, otherwise generally black. I don't wear black right next to my face, as it's too dark; I would break it up with a coloured scarf.

MissMoan Wed 31-Jul-19 16:27:11

A mix and match wardrobe is key here, that way you can grab anything and everything goes! Jewellery and accessories are a quick way to add instant glam. I also keep a hairbrush, dry shampoo, deodorant and a travel-sized perfume in my car for quick touch-ups and a refresh!

Pumpkintopf Wed 31-Jul-19 17:35:54

I have built up a selection of different coloured necklaces and scarves which I think help to pull an outfit together and look a bit more 'done'.

This year's revelation for me has been wearing more dresses. Was previously a trouser and top person for work - dresses are so easy as all done with one piece of clothing!

Ticklemeelmo Wed 31-Jul-19 18:20:30

The service sounds great. Here's what works for me:

-I choose outfits the night before work and plan in advance for big occasions

-I have seasonal wardrobes, so put Winter clothes away in Summer and vice versa

-shoes are organised by type on shelves so that I can easily pick out what I need in a hurry

-I shop a lot but don't buy that often- the key is to have good quality pieces you love rather than vast quantities of cheap clothes

growlingbear Wed 31-Jul-19 18:42:47

Dresses! A well fitting dress and the right shoes look like you've made an effort. They can transform you in two minutes, leaving a few extra minutes to sort out hair and makeup.

ButterflyOfFreedom Wed 31-Jul-19 18:56:02

I have a few key items in my wardrobe that I can use for various outfits, dress up / down etc depending on the occasion.
So smart jeans that can look more formal with a smarter top & boots or can look casual with trainers & a t-shirt.

Snowfalling Wed 31-Jul-19 19:38:57

My failsafe when pushed for time is my beautiful watch. It's not expensive, but as soon as I put it on I feel ready to face the day. It makes me feel confident and strong and is my finishing touch to any outfit.

It's almost 13 years old now and was a gift, I never get bored of it.

momo01 Wed 31-Jul-19 20:51:58

A few select pieces of high quality clothes. Also, black cigarette trousers go with everything.

HeyMonkey Wed 31-Jul-19 20:56:03

Dyson supersonic!!!!!!!

Cotswoldmama Wed 31-Jul-19 22:49:31

I think it's good to accessorise as it can freshen up an old outfit but I really think you need to look at what suits you. I see things I like ( and sometimes buy them too) and then realise they really won't suit my body shape.

onemorecakeplease Wed 31-Jul-19 22:57:36

I too am a dress wearer, with tights and boots in the winter plus cardigan
And bare legs and pumps in the summer

It's so much easier than tying to accessories tops and bottoms.

For work I have a drawer full of black jeans and loads of pretty tops mainly from Shein. I wear boots if it's cold or black loafers / sandals if warm.

So it's easy to get dressed. I feel better if my hair is straightened and down or in a nice up do. Don't really do makeup just concealer and blush.

PickAChew Wed 31-Jul-19 23:52:05

I find it helps to wear similar stuff all the time (so it all matches) and not look in the mirror too often grin

CheesePuffTheMagicDragon Thu 01-Aug-19 00:19:40

I have a fairly rigid 'uniform' of what looks good on me and I add new things to my wardrobe as I come across them, rather than panic buying. It sounds boring but it works for me and I don't end up with expensive accidents like I used to!

Brain06626 Thu 01-Aug-19 02:02:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Adollop Thu 01-Aug-19 05:42:48

My go to outfit if I want to look ok is a just above knee length black skirt (pull on stretch) with a black vest top and a coloured cardigan or jacket over, black ballet pumps. I have many scarves in different colours to brighten up the outfit that I wind round my neck.

costacoffeecup Thu 01-Aug-19 06:09:03

A red lip stick tends to do the trick

Daffodil2018 Thu 01-Aug-19 06:41:25

Now that I have a 7-month-old baby, clothes shopping in-store is a thing of the past, and yet I badly needed new clothes after she was born because my body has changed shape so dramatically. What has worked for me is ordering stuff online to try on at home when I get a few minutes. Most retailers make it so easy now to return items that it's no hassle at all. It means I get to keep up to date with current trends and am able to compare items to what's already in my wardrobe. Plus I can look forward to the delivery driver knocking on the door! It's like having a present delivered smile

WilmaJean Thu 01-Aug-19 07:29:43

Since having my child I have to watch what I spend so rarely buy anything now! I've had to rely on my sister to borrow a new outfit for a wedding that's coming up!

Jaderice21 Thu 01-Aug-19 10:35:28

something comfortable and flattering is always good i also like dresses that can be dressed up or down :D skater dresses are my fave they can be worn all year by adding tight and cardi in the winter x

Angeliza Thu 01-Aug-19 12:21:53

Cupcakeicecream Thu 01-Aug-19 12:49:40

Wrinkle free outfits always make you look presentable.dont have time to iron. Stick a couple of ice cube in the drier with the top or shirt your wearing for a couple of mins et voila. Always keep a brush in bag to smooth stray wind swept hairs. Lindt roller gets rid of all the dust. People always notice your shoes make sure they are clean sets the whole outfit off. A blazer always tend to finish and adds class an outfit.

Anj123 Thu 01-Aug-19 17:55:46

I choose things that suit me. I’m short so nothing too fussy. I try to decide what I’m wearing the day before to save time. I might have 2 outfits in mind depending on the weather. I usually go for mix and match separates, although I do like dresses in the summer.

footdust Thu 01-Aug-19 19:26:18

Pick out outfits the night before- make mornings so much easier!

emphasisofmatter Thu 01-Aug-19 21:07:54

Tbh a lot of my clothing is rather dull post children. I try and make my outfits more stylish by accessorising with a patterned scarf or with statement jewellery.

m0jit0 Thu 01-Aug-19 21:20:34

I tend to pick out an outfit to wear in advance so if I'm going out for dinner at the weekend I'll have in my head exactly what I'm wearing. More often than not I stick to this.

cannotmakemymindup Fri 02-Aug-19 00:41:22

I have a colour coded wardrobe and sorted into type of clothing I.e dresses to tops dark to light, light to dark.

It means whatever situation I want to look good in, I can choose items to match. Also means everything is stored well, easy to find and therefore easy to be worn.

All accessories are carefully curated to into type and colour so simple to find matching bracelet, necklace etc.

Alislia17 Fri 02-Aug-19 02:38:23

Alislia17 Fri 02-Aug-19 03:06:32

Asuwere Fri 02-Aug-19 05:18:03

I have classic, simple, capsule type wardrobe. I know it fits, it matches, it's clean and I go with it. Don't think I need to constantly update to be stylish.

Alo2019 Fri 02-Aug-19 10:10:54

I’m a jeans or leggings kinda girl since I’ve been in hospital after having a brain tumour more so but I find you can jazz up a plain top and jeans with a nice belt bag and heels then some nice earrings x

MargoLovebutter Fri 02-Aug-19 10:42:35

A couple of go to black dresses, that you know however rough you are feeling or the few extra pounds you piled on over a holiday will make you feel good about yourself. I have a smart one for going out, a middling one for work and a more scruffy one for casual. They are worth their weight in gold.

ScreamingValenta Fri 02-Aug-19 12:49:01

I keep an 'emergency' smart outfit put aside, appropriate to the season, complete with all accessories, new tights etc. so it's there and ready to wear if I suddenly need it - e.g. an important work meeting comes up.

NeverTwerkNaked Fri 02-Aug-19 19:30:16

Simple clothes that all work well together, so it is easy to throw and outfit on. Then bright and bold accessories to mix things up a bit.
I love jewellery from Tatty Devine, RockCakes and similar places

NerrSnerr Fri 02-Aug-19 21:26:14

I like nice handbags to finish off an outfit.

jetlaggedmummy Fri 02-Aug-19 23:26:11

As many others have said, scarves, jewellery and smart boots in winter.

ifigoup Sat 03-Aug-19 06:48:14

All I can say is I’ve just about moved on from my student days, when the answer was “you can nearly always wear whatever you were wearing yesterday - you’ll find it on the floor over there” grin

purplepandas Sat 03-Aug-19 08:28:00

Not sure I am best placed to answer this but nice shoes and boots.

TuesdaySunshine Sat 03-Aug-19 10:55:22

My top tip for looking stylish is not to bother trying most of the time. People know I'm rarely in anything except jeans and a T shirt, which places the bar for impressing them extremely low - I only need to put my hair up and wear a bit of make-up and people notice the difference straight away.

Nothing makes people more nervous than a woman who clearly has better things to worry about than her appearance, imo.

PickledChicory Sat 03-Aug-19 14:50:26

Over the years I have picked up nice bags and shoes so I have a pretty good stash, my mum has the same size of feet and great sense of style so I am always raiding her wardrobe for 'vintage' finds. I also tend to wear the same kind of colours so any new dresses etc tend to match existing accessories. Im always in black with pale pink or navy and white! Creature of habit but sure saves time!

PorridgeAgainAbney Sat 03-Aug-19 20:33:00

As I’m getting older I’m realising that I look better when things are simpler so my haircut is blunt rather than layered, clothes are either bold print/structured shape or plain colour/hippy-dippy flowing shape, and I don’t seem to suit any jewellery or accessory grin. I still show personality but it needs to be pared down a bit so I don’t get lost behind it all smile.

Anois Sun 04-Aug-19 00:21:45

Love the idea of this but I'm in ireland. sad
Anyway my tips:
Good underwear that supports without being seen. Good quality clothes that fit, a good outfit can be ruined if it's too small/big. Get a good seamstress to alter clothes for you. I tend to wear the same colours - black, navy, camel, grey and blush with some white as they suit my colouring and be mixed and matched so an outfit can be easily put together. I do wear some brighter colours in summer. Nice bags and shoes/boots that are clean and well maintained. I love scarfs too, but I wear simple jewellery. Silver suits me so I stick with plain jewellery that doesn't change with different clothes. Invest in coats and haircuts, they'll always be seen. Nails manicured and gel polish every 2 weeks, keep on top of roots if you colour your hair, and if you wear make-up - blend, blend, blend! And the obvious - good dental and personal hygiene at all times!

Adollop Sun 04-Aug-19 01:20:01

I very much doubt Stitchfix would find clothes that suit my size 16 with a neckline that complements my size 36g chest! Scared to try it in case it's a dead loss and I have to pay to return items.

wellingtonsandwaffles Sun 04-Aug-19 07:03:20

In winter, wear anything with a good coat, scarf and boots over the top! In summer, I wear statement necklaces with simple outfits and have nice nails!

goldenretriever1978 Sun 04-Aug-19 07:55:06

I don't think that I do but I think having clean hair and clothes, smelling nice and smiling counts for a lot. I like classic clothes and have a go to simple black and blue dresses to fall back on.

WowOoo Sun 04-Aug-19 08:57:21

I try to buy classic clothes that suit me and will last. I try to look after what I've bought so that they look good after lots of wear and washes.

If I'm short on time I can usually grab things that look good together. If my outfit needs brightening up I use a scarf or necklace.

PinkDandelions Sun 04-Aug-19 10:27:02

A pair of wedge heels can dress up most outfits for an evening out!

BellaVida Sun 04-Aug-19 18:20:24

I rarely feel stylish, as I'm not the slimmest and I'm usually frantically running around between work and 4 kids. I envy others who seem to effortlessly ooze style!
I certainly 'feel' more stylish if I have make up on, especially lipstick, a pair of pearl earrings and nicely (self) manicured nails. Dressing in dark colours also hides a multitude of sins!

MmmBlowholes Sun 04-Aug-19 22:19:31

Neat hair (either straight or in a bun) plain black outfit with nice accessories like some timeless silver jewellery.

millstonegrit Sun 04-Aug-19 22:30:40

I have quite a mix of clothes and a casual style. I alway 'style' what I'm wearing a combination of rolling sleeves, cuffing jeans, adding a belt and more often than not a jacket, I have about 25 blush

blackleggingsandatshirt Mon 05-Aug-19 13:51:49

Whilst I do spend a lot of my time in 'black leggings and a T-shirt, I have a black pinafore dress which is my 'go to' piece - it is from Karen Millen, and with a scarf, blouse underneath, different coloured tights and boots has made many an outfit which I feel makes me feel confident, and my purple silk scarf tied, ticks all the boxes for date night. (I have some good fitting underwear to support and pull in all of my wobbly bits)

BuildBuildings Mon 05-Aug-19 14:33:16

Jumpsuits are my favourite item of clothing I own several. They look more stylish than a dress but are more practical and comfortable. So great for pulling on when you don't have time to think about matching things.

4yearsnosleep Mon 05-Aug-19 16:15:38

I struggle and have been hoping stitch fitch would come to the UK. For work I wear only dresses, outside work a mix of dresses or jeans, t shirt & blazer

foxessocks Mon 05-Aug-19 18:11:10

I just try and make sure my clothes are clean, my hair is brushed and I've had a shower so I smell nice!!

redbook Mon 05-Aug-19 19:55:12

I wish I knew! I don't think I'm particularly stylish. I try to feel well presented by having clean hair and wearing make up.

StickChildNumberTwo Mon 05-Aug-19 20:18:16

I'm not sure I've ever been stylish in my life....

OrdinarySnowflake Mon 05-Aug-19 20:27:45

Planning ahead, so I know which tops go with which trousers/skirts, which jewellery with each combo etc.

I agree winter coats make it much easier to look smart out of the house.

I used to be a big fan of silk/floaty scarves, but have gone off them this year, they seem to be looking a bit dated.

However, I'm not very stylish, so best you dont listen to me!

Pinklady1981 Mon 05-Aug-19 21:34:27

Definitely shop in advance. Dresses are a 'Go to' for me. So many styles to suit everyone. Easily dressed up with heels and down with trainers. Add tights for winter. Denim jacket in summer and black leather jacket in winter are a staple in you wardrobe,they go everything! I love adding a colour pop to an outfit ie shoes or bag.

Nowisthemonthofmaying Tue 06-Aug-19 08:29:24

Red lipstick and clean hair and nails are key. If I want to feel smart then I sling on a blazer and a big pair of Chanel-style earrings.

AgentCooper Tue 06-Aug-19 10:06:12

I like to keep my overall shape simple (avoiding frills, excess fabric) but I love big, bright earrings to balance it out.

Thought this service looked interesting but unfortunately it doesn’t go up to my bra size (36HH).

itsnevertolate Tue 06-Aug-19 12:52:58

I have a go to dress that I have in nearly every colour and pattern available . It can be dressed up with accessories and nice hair/make up or it can be paired with flop flops and a messy bun when running earns or going to the beach.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »