Talk

Advanced search

Tell Disney Junior the TV programmes you love to watch with your children for the chance to win a £300 voucher!

(382 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 20-Feb-19 15:04:46

NOW CLOSED

With a chill in the air and sunny days few and far between, it’s the perfect time of year to snuggle up inside and watch TV with the family. Disney Junior would like to know what TV programmes you watch with your children and which characters you used to love from your childhood favourites.

Here’s what Disney Junior has to say: “Disney Junior invites kids into a magical world of fun & imagination. Your little ones can join in the adventure with their favourite friends Vampirina, The Lion Guard, PJ Masks, Mickey & The Roadster Racers and Muppet Babies every weekday from 3pm.”

So, is your family a fan of funny animated shows? Perhaps adventure programmes keep everyone entertained? Do you like seeing characters that you loved as a child reimagined for your children?

Please share your favourite family TV programmes below and you will be entered into a prize draw to win a £300 voucher of your choice (from a list).

Thanks

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions Apply

BristolMum96 Thu 21-Feb-19 11:03:25

My toddler will only watch hey duggee, on repeat.

Asuwere Thu 21-Feb-19 11:07:32

My DC all love Tracy Beaker/The Dumping Ground smile

Ashhead24 Thu 21-Feb-19 11:39:19

What my DC will watch changes monthly and things he would have watched are suddenly unacceptable. He does like watching blippi on YouTube though.

We do like Disney movies though, Cinderella, Snow White and Peter Pan are the favourites. Our favourite character is Captain Hook and we have lots of sword fights which Hook always wins.

LianaS Thu 21-Feb-19 11:43:27

👋 Hello, I’m new to mumsnet, I have a 6 year old daughter and am 13 weeks pregnant with baby number two! ☺️... I’m looking for opinions on which pram (from new born) everyone is liking best? Last time I had a bugaboo which I loved but daughter hated and wouldn’t ever go in, so we decided to sell it and borrow my sisters pram which she liked much better- but it was HUGE! 🙈 so I’m looking at getting a different one but I don’t want to go round and round searching forever! So which prams are people loving for their little ones?
Thank you in advance! ☺️X

AgentPeggyCarter Thu 21-Feb-19 11:45:26

We watch a lot of CBeebies and Disney Life with the DC (endlessly repeated episodes which after a while are just a bit soul destroying - Bing, I'm looking at you).

DH and my favourite at the moment is Phineas and Ferb though, there are so many brilliant references in it that go whooshing over the kids' heads.

lisapop Thu 21-Feb-19 12:30:18

Vampirina & The Lion Guard are pretty big in our house. I used to love Fraggle Rock

del2929 Thu 21-Feb-19 12:35:28

at the moment wallace and grommit is a firm fave in our house

Pushpull Thu 21-Feb-19 14:42:47

"We" really like the descendents films, and recently zombies is making it into rotation too.

BlessedBeTheFruitCake Thu 21-Feb-19 14:45:39

Dds favourite is Sofia the first. The songs are pretty catchy blush

BadgerFace Thu 21-Feb-19 14:54:16

My girls love Vampirina and Muppet Babies!

Mumoftwo1980 Thu 21-Feb-19 15:16:33

Big Disney fans in our house ! Anything from the classic movies (we try to watch one a week as a family !) to tv series such as Sophia the first, Elena of Avalor, Doc Mcstuffin to muppet babies !

LKRJM Thu 21-Feb-19 15:38:03

My nephews absolutely love most animated things, anything ‘superhero’ related, Disney films and pretty much anything with catchy songs in! The ones we enjoy most are the old characters come back to live in programmes like the lion guard etc.

m0jit0 Thu 21-Feb-19 16:46:27

My dc love watching hey duggie, peppa pig and small potatoes

JC4PMPLZ Thu 21-Feb-19 16:51:59

The old Disney movies, the cartoon shorts, old school 2D animation. Saw a great Miramax movie recently called The Third and the Cobbler. We like stuff that takes us into world of imagination.

IWouldBeSuperb Thu 21-Feb-19 17:17:46

Muppet Babies on repeat here!

Although DH and I can't wait until DD is old enough to enjoy all the classic movies properly!

Cotswoldmama Thu 21-Feb-19 17:49:07

At the moment his favourite is Charlie and Lola but it changes a lot!

Flapdoodles Thu 21-Feb-19 17:56:37

I love watching Sophia the First and Vampirina with my DD. We are big Disney fans in our house.

ButterflyOfFreedom Thu 21-Feb-19 18:09:47

In this house we're fans of Floogals, Peter Rabbit and Paw Patrol.

ScarletBitch Thu 21-Feb-19 18:25:36

Hi, my 7 year old loves Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic, and The Thundermans.

sharond101 Thu 21-Feb-19 20:04:53

We change or favourite every week. Paw Patrol, Vampirina, Peppa Pig, Nmberblocks....

Anj123 Thu 21-Feb-19 20:08:02

Daughter is now 14 so she says some kids programmes are too babyish for her. She likes watching Friends and the Good Place but she used to love Peppa Pig when she was younger!

claza93 Thu 21-Feb-19 20:50:47

My boy loves to watch Hey Duggee and numberblocks.

itsabongthing Thu 21-Feb-19 21:05:37

We have kids ranging from 3-11 so it’s not always easy to find things we all enjoy but some favourites are Ben & Holly and Horrid Henry. Also Disney films new and old. Haven’t really watched things that I watched as a kid as they would think it’s all outdated! Apart from some 90s Disney like little mermaid, Aladdin and the lion king.

LassoOfTruth Thu 21-Feb-19 21:10:40

Paw Patrol and Hey Duggee (DD is obsessed with dogs)! I love all things Muppets and have tried to make her sit still long enough to enjoy Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: