Talk

Advanced search

Read the stain stories MNers shared with Tesco F&F

(185 Posts)
EllieMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Jul-18 09:57:58

NOW CLOSED

"Urgh. What is that on you?" They're home from school, nursery or the holiday playscheme you booked them into and the story of the day is written on their clothes. There's a bit of pink chalk on their shirt (a hopscotch grid in the playground at morning break), a custard dribble on their collar (the chocolate pudding was drenched in it) and mud on their ankles ...at least you hope it's mud.

So what stains have your kids come home from school or nursery with? Are they easily identifiable? Do the stories behind the stains give you a glimpse into your child’s life away from you? Share your pictures and stain stories with Tesco F&F and be in with the chance to win a £300 Tesco voucher. We’ll create a tongue-in-cheek quiz "Name that stain" from them in the near future.

Here’s what Tesco F&F have to say: "All kids come home with stains - it's the sign of an active day. But thanks to Tesco school uniforms special stain-repel technology and 100 day guarantee you can be rest assured that your kids will look as good on the first day everyday."

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

nerysw Sun 02-Sep-18 20:51:33

There are so many, yellow necks on school shirts from sun cream, pen and felt tip, spaghetti sauce and the red mud from the school field being the worst.

Pigeonpea Thu 06-Sep-18 13:22:04

Spaghetti bolognese and chocolate - they are the bane of my life - brand new T-shirts ruined within a day of wearing because of spaghetti bolognese stains

plusonefail Fri 07-Sep-18 20:43:09

Whiteboard marker pen stains are such a nuisance! I have never found a way to successfully remove them.

cannotmakemymindup Sat 08-Sep-18 11:17:00

Dd comes home with paint, mud from nursery but also they make their own playdough so that results in a grey floury mixture which definitely needs a good wash or two to get out. Everything is always tummy and chest height. Plus wet sandy bums to.

DinosApple Sun 09-Sep-18 07:26:12

Honestly, first day back at school Friday and the teacher thought painting would be a good pastime...

Blue paint on a brand new polo shirt.

Sammyislost Sun 09-Sep-18 10:33:19

A black pen that never washed off a polo shirt. Had to throw away.

Suncream on polo shirts! All yellowed around the neck, perhaps where it was sweated off. I had to throw them away too! It was expensive suncream too.

ThenBellaDidSomethingVeryKind Sun 09-Sep-18 13:42:56

It’s usually pen, paint or pasta sauce in my experience. There’s never been anything unidentifiable although I’m always amazed at how far they can extend. DC, 4, has just started school and managed to get paint on his shoes!

mumsbe Mon 10-Sep-18 17:27:27

Funny thing my daughter would come home with paint and food on her back. I wondered how this was possible and nothing down the front. Then I seen she wipes her hands on her back.
Unfortunately my son has been copying her so I now have 2 problems.

Llandough32 Mon 10-Sep-18 19:26:26

I had a call from the school to say my son and fallen and his scab had been ripped off, they said there wasn't much blood. When he came home could see blood on his trousers just below the knee but nothing too bad. Then I turned them inside and I was shocked by how much blood there was. Amazingly after one wash it all came out and they were from Tescos lol. I have pics but they make me go green lol. Welcome to see them though :-)

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Sep-18 12:17:18

Congratulations to @BristolMum96 whose name was pulled from the prize draw to win the £300 Tesco voucher!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »