Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Which NOW TV movie gets your vote this Christmas? Chance to win £300 NOW CLOSED

(508 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 28-Nov-17 12:08:03

The team at NOW TV would love to know which - from their list of movies available this Christmas - gets your vote and why.

NOW TV say “With NOW TV, we have a host of family movies lined up for the festive period - there should be something to keep everyone entertained!”

NOW TV family list: All I Want For Christmas - Almost Christmas - Bad Santa - Batman Returns - Beauty and the Beast - Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas - Christmas With The Kranks - Disney's A Christmas Carol - Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them - Fred Claus - Frozen - Get Santa - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Hidden Figures - Home Alone 2 - Home Alone 3 - I'll Be Home For Christmas - It's A Wonderful Life - Love Actually - Olaf's Frozen Adventure - One Magic Christmas - Prancer - Santa Claus 3 - Scrooged - Snow Day - Sound of Music - The Grinch - The Lego Batman Movie - The Magic Reindeer - The Muppet Christmas Carol - The Nativity Story - The Nightmare Before Christmas - The Polar Express - The Swan Princess Christmas - The Three Dogateers - This Christmas - Trading Places - Trapped in Paradise - White Christmas

Add your number one choice and why below and you will be entered into a prize draw where one person will win a £300 voucher for their store of choice - from a list.

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Standard Insight T and Cs Apply

BrieAndChilli Tue 28-Nov-17 14:47:18

We love the polar express.
I prefer films that are about Christmas for our family Christmas films nights.

TheSpottedZebra Tue 28-Nov-17 14:48:21

Frozen for me as the kids would be transfixed meaning I can chill out.

MummyBtothree Tue 28-Nov-17 14:53:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bec4everuk1 Tue 28-Nov-17 14:59:06

In our house it's got to be The Grinch already watched in once so far I picture myself as The Grinch when he has nothing to wear as that's my normal getting ready routine. I also like that it shows Christmas isn't about the presents it's about being with your loved ones as sometimes money takes over when it should be about spending time with your loved ones.

Caillou Tue 28-Nov-17 15:02:07

It has got to be the grinch for us

FlowerTink Tue 28-Nov-17 15:02:59

The Polar Express - in our house we think it's truly magical smile

Arcticwonder Tue 28-Nov-17 15:04:45

The Polar Express - it's the perfect Christmas movie

MummyBtothree Tue 28-Nov-17 15:05:56

The Muppets Christmas Carol ☺

goose1964 Tue 28-Nov-17 15:06:23

the nightmare before christmas probably my favourite film ever

misskatamari Tue 28-Nov-17 15:12:26

Home alone two here! Although I haven't seen guardians of the galaxy 2 so think we'll get Now TV over the holidays to give that a watch, along with the other great options available!

janney3 Tue 28-Nov-17 16:07:54

Definitely Bad Santa.

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 28-Nov-17 16:09:15

From the list, A Muppet's Christmas Carol.

Bad Santa is not a family film- it's a 15 and dire .

fsmile

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 28-Nov-17 16:10:04

Haha sorry Janney, we were posting at the same time.
fsmile

FridgeCut Tue 28-Nov-17 16:15:30

The Lego Batman movie. We saw it at the cinema and it was ace so can't wait for it to be on TV, it will be the new Moana!

haveacupoftea Tue 28-Nov-17 16:20:54

Muppets Christmas carol. The songs are lovely and it retells a timeless story . Scrooge and A Christmas Carol are often referenced at Christmas and children should know where Bah, humbug! came from!

asuwere Tue 28-Nov-17 16:42:28

DC would choose The Santa Clause 3, I'd prefer Frozen fsmile

MrsFrTedCrilly Tue 28-Nov-17 16:55:54

The muppet Christmas carol, love Kermit!

RhiannonOHara Tue 28-Nov-17 17:29:01

The Muppet Christmas Carol, all day long. Clever, funny, genuinely moving, accessible, beautiful (the snow scenes and the glimpses into warm, firelit houses particularly).

Michael Caine's greatest performance too. And probably Kermit's.

Smeaton Tue 28-Nov-17 17:34:35

A Nightmare Before Christmas.

Its a classic with great songs, a good story, iconic characters.. Its about Christmas but it doesn't ram it down your throat and has that Halloween edge to it to. A great movie.

Holliewantstobehot Tue 28-Nov-17 17:43:42

Home alone 2. Funny and quite fast paced, but also with a touch of Christmas schmaltz. I also love the beginning where his elder brother deflects all blame on to Kevin unfairly. Its so realistic.

Kickassname Tue 28-Nov-17 17:47:56

Disney's A Christmas Carol, because we like Jim Carrey, and we like A Christmas Carol.

Dd isn't at the age where she pays attention to a whole movie yet, but I have a feeling when she is it will be the Muppets version. That's a classic.

Halebeke425 Tue 28-Nov-17 17:58:49

home alone 2 with the kids, bad santa when they've gone to bed!

WinnerWinnerChickenDinner0 Tue 28-Nov-17 18:03:08

It’s a wonderful life is my all time favourite.

Don’t make’m like they used to grin

Winningbeauty Tue 28-Nov-17 18:04:01

Each year, we always end up watching all the Harry Potter films, watched them again and again but it brings us all together as a family every time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now