Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Tell GoGo squeeZ® the smart/fun/sneaky ways you use to get more fruit and yogurt in your DC’s diet - £300 voucher to be won! NOW CLOSED

(239 Posts)
PoppyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Oct-17 15:25:16

GoGo squeeZ® knows how tricky it can be to get your DCs to eat healthily, so they would love to know the fun/smart ways you use to sneak fruit and yogurt into their diet. Maybe your trick is to make a bright-coloured smoothie, packed full of goodness. Do you make fresh sorbet or animal-shaped ice lollies? Or are your cakes stuffed with fruit instead? Whatever your hack, GoGo squeeZ ® can’t wait to read about it!

Here’s what GoGo squeeZ ® has to say: “With so many unhealthy snacks tempting our kids, it can be increasingly hard to get good food in them between meal times or on-the-go. Here at GoGo squeeZ®, we’ve made something to help. Introducing the new fruit snacks (made from 100% fruit) and yogurt snacks (source of calcium & vitamin D) that kids LOVE! With no artificial anything, no refrigeration needed and a built-in straw, they are the perfect squeezy snack for kids on-the-go, at school, or at home. Tasty, fun and easy - no nasties, no worries! Try it, love it!

Find out more at gogosqueez.co.uk

Please share your stories and tips on this thread and you will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Lydia30 Tue 10-Oct-17 14:18:47

We make fruit smoothies and freeze some into ice lolly moulds instant fruit lollies and they love them.

del2929 Tue 10-Oct-17 14:24:19

we have in the past made frozen yogurt drops and plonked grapes on top.

chocolate fountain with fruit although this totally defeats the objective haha - plz dont shoot me

fruit smoothies is a fave

fruit kebabs

sorrycamel Tue 10-Oct-17 15:39:59

My DS loves fruit and yoghurt, so I don't need to find ways to get it into his diet.

I struggle to make sure his fruit and veg intake each day is weighted in the veg category, as its healthier to eat vegetables than fruit. I use the nutribullet to make fruit and veg juices using veggies such as courgette, spinach and kale which he is unlikely to eat on its own.

arsenalwatford Tue 10-Oct-17 15:44:20

Tin of chopped tomatoes as the base for everything....

ErinSophia Tue 10-Oct-17 16:42:52

I make ice lollies with fruit in them, the girls don't notice it's fruit they think it's sweets.

sealight123 Tue 10-Oct-17 19:50:15

I'm lucky that my daughter has always loved fruits and vegetables.
We always make sure we have them cut up ready as snacks for after school as it is more accessible

My sister isn't that into her veggies so me and my family always hide them in anything we cook for her. Just make sure it is a similar colour, blend a little and add to the sauce...not sure if she knows we do this or not....shes now 17 lol

RaisinSmuggler Wed 11-Oct-17 00:21:22

If I want my kids to eat something I tell them it is what power rangers eat. Then afterwards we have an arm wrestle that they obviously win because they're so strong from having eaten their food

Sleepysausage Wed 11-Oct-17 06:45:33

We've always tried to appear really excited about fruit and veg like it's a treat.

1moreRep Wed 11-Oct-17 08:04:05

we have a yonanas and it literally blends frozen fruit to make ice cream or i do smoothies. Also ill take fruit as an emergency snack which they will eat when there's nothing. else

daisydaisy1975 Wed 11-Oct-17 09:38:39

I make fruit kebabs often. And frozen yoghurt in the summer. Also I put extra fruit in yoghurt to make it more tasty and interesting.

2014newme Wed 11-Oct-17 09:52:28

My kids are norm hungry after school I always bring fruit and veg as a snack as I know they're hungry enough to wolf it down can normally get 2 extra portions into them this way.
Fruit before pudding even if it's only a few berries or half a banana.
Always have fruit bowl available.
Sometimes add fruit to salad, watermelon or dried cranberries good for this.
Let them choose a fruit when we are shopping.
Going to make mini pumpkins out if tangerines and cucumber for Halloween

EasterRobin Wed 11-Oct-17 10:39:04

We serve fruit every dinner time instead of pudding. DD always looks forward to having her fruit.

Gazelda Wed 11-Oct-17 14:57:18

Lolly’s made from yoghurt.
I arrange berries artistically on a cake stand and they magically seem more tempting!
Breakfast is now muesli, yoghurt and fruit.

UpOnDown Wed 11-Oct-17 17:36:27

apple or banana cake

ButterflyOfFreedom Wed 11-Oct-17 17:52:09

My DC love both fruit & yogurt so I don't need to do much sneaking though I do buy fruit pouches & fruit bars which seem to go down well and not seen by them as fruit.

asuwere Wed 11-Oct-17 19:23:43

summer is easy for fruit: frozen fruit, fruit ice lollies, fruit sorbet etc. winter isnt quite as easy but i do add fruit\veg to cakes, flapjacks and of course fruit crumble smile

Beach11 Wed 11-Oct-17 20:14:36

DS loves fruit. We regularly make smoothies at home & I take dried fruit/bar out with us for snacks.

Fizzyxo Wed 11-Oct-17 20:43:48

DS loves yoghurt and some fruit, but I find making smoothies is the perfect way to go. I always add veggies in too which I think is more nutritious than fruit, and I balance the flavours so that it's just right and not bleugh.

StillCantDecideOnaUsername Wed 11-Oct-17 21:28:09

My two dc both love fruit and yoghurt so it's fairly easy. However I do like to mix it up as much as I can to keep it interesting by giving them lots of different types of fruit throughout the week. If I'm feeling really adventurous I might make a fruit tortoise from a kiwi fruit and grapes or a smiley face out of fruit pieces on their pancakes. Pinterest has loads of amazing ideas!

BeeMyBaby Wed 11-Oct-17 21:41:29

If I chop up a few different types of fruit and let my children pick a selection of small pieces they are much more likely to eat them than offering whole pieces of fruit.

FlowerTink Thu 12-Oct-17 06:53:30

I make ice lollies with blended fuit and water in, and name them after what dd is into at the time. This month she's enjoying "Moana lollies"!!

MakeTeaNotWar Thu 12-Oct-17 08:51:24

Luckily there's no issue here getting the DC to eat either fruit or yogurt They have plenty of choice, keep it mixed up so they don't get bored of only having the same thing over and over. In summer if we have a glut of berries, we'll make smoothies.

ilovekitkats Thu 12-Oct-17 09:36:21

DC still has squeezy yoghurt most days as its easier than eating from a pot and saves getting a spoon dirty. They are not so keen on the fruit and veg, but will eat strawberries and grapes quite happily.

duck22 Thu 12-Oct-17 10:00:32

My son has got pretty good at eating his fruit so its not toonly Uchida for a challenge. To make it more fun I try doing healthy puddings like fruit ice lollies, Apple crumble or a smoothie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now