Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share your favourite animation films with Sky Cinema - £300 voucher to be won! NOW CLOSED

(425 Posts)
JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Oct-17 13:56:19

Now that the nights are drawing in, and with half term around the corner, movie nights can be a great way to spend some quality time with your family and enjoy the warm indoors. To celebrate their new collection of Animated movies, Sky Cinema would like to hear about your family’s favourite animation films, both new and old.

Here’s what Sky Cinema has to say: “This October, Sky Cinema has put together our biggest ever collection of animated movies to brighten up your Autumn. The collection includes a wide range of animated movies, from the latest hits such as Sing and Kubo and the Two Strings to Disney-Pixar movies like The Incredibles or the Ice Age movies. All available to watch whenever you want on demand.”

Has a recent release, such as Secret Life of Pets or Trolls, become a firm favourite? Or, do you love the nostalgia of passing on a classic like Fantasia? Whether your family prefer the new ones or the classics, or both, Sky Cinema would like to hear about your favourite animation films - and why they manage to make it onto the list.

All who post below about their family’s favourite animation films will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 John Lewis voucher.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

MothershipG Thu 05-Oct-17 14:14:20

Mine is Lilo & Stitch, DD (who is 16) lIves a bit of Barbie Princess & the Pauper nostalgia and DS is into anime, so does Dragon Balls Z count? 😂

asuwere Thu 05-Oct-17 14:21:17

My favourites just now are Strange Magic and Moana, both enjoyable and with great soundtracks! smile

mynellie Thu 05-Oct-17 14:29:56

My favourites are Bambi, Toy story plus Shrek
I also love the part animated film The Waterbabies I love to watch it whenever it comes on tv

Hairq Thu 05-Oct-17 14:36:42

I love vintage Disney - the ones I used to watch at the cinema in the school holidays - Cinderella, The aristocats, the rescuers etc.

My son's favourites are the Despicable Me films - we all love them as a family actually.

Davenotdave Thu 05-Oct-17 17:37:33

My 2 year old is obsessed with how to tame your dragon and ponyo, pretty good films even after seeing them so many times

ShatnersBassoon Thu 05-Oct-17 17:43:47

I really like The Simpsons and South Park movies. I really enjoyed Big Hero 6 as well.

ahigney Fri 06-Oct-17 12:28:22

My favourite animation is Wreck-it Ralph,followed by Cinderella.Disney's classics.

Spitzbergen Fri 06-Oct-17 12:54:27

We love the new Disney movies like Trolls and Moana but a firm favourite in our house is The Lion King. grin

Indya Fri 06-Oct-17 12:54:37

We love Disney’s Fantasia. Great animated shorts and a wonderful way to introduce classical music to little ones. Some scary bits but our 4 year old loves them!

NerrSnerr Fri 06-Oct-17 12:55:20

Without doubt its Finding Nemo. My favourite movie of all time.

torthecatlady Fri 06-Oct-17 13:07:32

Anything by Studio Ghibli, my absolute favourite is My Neighbour Totoro.

ginauk84 Fri 06-Oct-17 13:31:36

My daughter loves Ballerina, this is a firm favourite in our house at the moment. She stands in front of the television doing all the moves so it's not just about sitting down and watching it for her. smile

Lenl Fri 06-Oct-17 13:40:49

Moana. My 2 year old watches it all the time and always asks for the soundtrack in the car. You'd think I'd be sick of it but somehow no... I just know all the words instead grin

I can even do the rap part of "You're Welcome". Yes, you read that right. The rap part.

MakeTeaNotWar Fri 06-Oct-17 13:46:38

We love Moana and Trolls

ButterflyOfFreedom Fri 06-Oct-17 13:49:17

I love the original classic Disney films such as Jungle Book and Dumbo.
DD (3) loves Snow White and DS (5) enjoys The Lion King & Toy Story.

StickChildNumberTwo Fri 06-Oct-17 13:52:48

I love Brave, my daughter is a fan of all the Disney princesses.

Rainbowsaretoo Fri 06-Oct-17 13:55:48

Wreck it Ralph is still popular from when it was on Sky at Christmas. Watched weekly my (almost) the whole family. Moana is now in the mix too.

Blahblahblueblee Fri 06-Oct-17 13:59:44

My daughters favourites are moana and trolls at the moment, we all enjoy singing and dancing to the music smile

MaroonPencil Fri 06-Oct-17 14:00:23

I think my favourite is probably Despicable Me 2, although I do love Fantasia - the bits without Mickey Mouse in, anyway.

Oh no, hang on, I've just remembered The Snowman - if that counts as a film, that's my favourite, and also the Polar Express. And How To Train Your Dragon.

The kids' favourites would be How To Train Your Dragon and Despicable Me, although they also like Madagascar.

snotato Fri 06-Oct-17 14:01:52

I love the lion king.
Dd loves the jungle book.

FizzySmiles Fri 06-Oct-17 14:39:24

Trolls and Inside out. My LB has watched them a hundred times but these are animated films I actually don't mind.

My LB had the trolls soundtrack played at his party last month and has now for the DVD to play it another hundred times 😂

nobutreally Fri 06-Oct-17 14:43:02

Like another poster, anything Studio Gibli in this house - Princess Kaguya for sheer beauty, or Ponyo/Totoro for utter joy and that sense of childhood magic. My two are 13 and 11 and still go back to Ponyo and Totoro regularly, as well as watching modern animations - we love Moana, and have Kubo to watch over the weekend!

Alidoll Fri 06-Oct-17 14:53:40

My earliest memory was watching a Disney movie with my parents (and longing to be a Mouseketeer despite living thousands of miles from California!). Back then my favourite was The Fox and the Hound and I painted posters for my Dad's workplace Christmas party (at the fire station where Santa arrived on one of the fire engines).

My daughter is 7 and also loves Disney. One of her favourite films is Hocus Pocus (apt for this time of year) with Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy as the Sanderson Sisters.

So, I'll put a spell on you...and you'll pick me

We'll put a spell on you..just you see

You won't be able to unsee this

And that's because you cannot miss

We've put a spell on you and the vouchers ours!!!! grin

BeeMyBaby Fri 06-Oct-17 15:19:29

I love Mulan, lilo and stitch and emporers new groove as it's so funny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now