Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share your top finds in Lidl: chance to win £100 NOW CLOSED

(503 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Sep-17 10:46:34

We know many Mumsnetters swear by their Lidl finds - both everyday items and more unusual ones.

We’d love for you to share the gems you’ve discovered there with the rest of MN. Maybe you’re crazy about their chocolate, love their laundry liquid or prize their peppers? Perhaps you stumbled upon an item once that you now always pop in the basket. We all know what treasures are to be found on the middle aisle of wonder - what’s the best thing you’ve ever picked up there?

Please post them on this thread and you will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get £100 worth of Lidl vouchers (note the winner will be sent 4 x £25 vouchers, one voucher can be redeemed per transaction).

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Standard Insight Terms and Conditions apply

georgedawes Fri 08-Sep-17 14:10:32

I'm currently drinking (well not right now!!) the Lidl Prosecco I got in the offer on Bank Holiday Monday. It's delicious, an absolute bargain (esp when it was £20 a case) and screw top too. Lovely!

DoItTooJulia Fri 08-Sep-17 14:13:37

We love Everything from Lidl-but my favourite is the frozen feta puffs that they had during Greek week. To die for.

beckyinman Fri 08-Sep-17 14:14:00

Our garden is filled with gorgeous flowers from Lidl - they are really low maintenance and look great

123hartley123 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:14:01

I buy their tinned fish, mackeral in sun flower, mackeral in tomato sauce, anchovies in olive oil and herrings in various sauces (petri) . Ideal with the salads.

stefalfie11 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:15:56

Dishwasher tablets, they are so much cheaper than the branded alternatives and they work just as well. So impressed with them and we'll never go back to spending so much on the brands!

PsychoPumpkin Fri 08-Sep-17 14:17:55

At Christmas time I love the Plum & Madeira Marzipan disks they sell and also the gingerbread house, we buy them every year. The bakery section is the best, low prices but absolutely fresh & delicious. Amazing!

AuFinch Fri 08-Sep-17 14:22:30

The whole roast chicken in a bag is really good and moist we like that, and the pulled pork with BBQ and molasses. I like the squashes that they get as well later in the year some honking big ones too! We love good food.

shellywkd Fri 08-Sep-17 14:23:21

My daughter is addicted to the bakery chocolate topped doughnuts. That are a good price and are delicious.

TracyKNixon Fri 08-Sep-17 14:27:31

The flowers from Lidl are really great value and last ages!

asuwere Fri 08-Sep-17 14:27:33

I love their strawberry cream filled chocolate, also their fruity chew stick sweets, and their fresh bread and pain au chocolate and really I try to avoid going in there when I'm hungry! LOL

mo3733 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:31:09

i find the roast in the bag chicken is such value for money and there is always enough meat left over for a curry.

Ganne1 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:33:32

Peppers. Why buy them elsewhere?

Oogle Fri 08-Sep-17 14:33:51

I went in for the first time the other day and stood mouth open at the fresh bakery section. The chocolate croissant was delicious!

I was thrilled to find protein weetabix as well, I don't know if this a normal stock-item though. I didn't see strawberry cream filled chocolate though, and as this is my favourite flavour, I will need to make a return trip grin

MistyReturns Fri 08-Sep-17 14:34:10

The ginormous inflatable flamingo. It takes up most of the living room, has no real purpose... BUT... my kids love it & it makes me (and many other people) laugh.
This is one of the reasons I try to avoid the "middle aisle of doom" grin

janeyf1 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:34:45

I love the chocolate bars at Lidl, the quality is so good, particularly the milk Bellarom bar

IonaAilidh11 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:35:14

cotton wool pads are excellent and cheap

Bandycoot Fri 08-Sep-17 14:35:17

Their chocolate raisins are great for when you need a chocolate boost but they have food value too!

hiddenmichelle Fri 08-Sep-17 14:35:37

I love their bread section and....wine!

lnesbitt81 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:35:40

For me, it's got to be their London Dry Gin - at £10 a bottle it is AMAZING! (And makes great G&T lollies in the summer)

mummyretired Fri 08-Sep-17 14:38:22

I love being able to buy just one scone in the bakery section. They are very good scones, and in all the other supermarkets I can only buy a packet of four - which I know full well will mean I eat all four on the day of purchase.

MipMipMip Fri 08-Sep-17 14:41:03

I love their wide strap vest tops. Wide enough to cover bra straps, arm holes high enough to hide bra sides and long enough to cover my belly long body. Enough stretch to be comfy without being tight and at £4 a bargain. I have three but want more - please stock again soon!

crochetmonkey74 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:41:20

There was some gorgeous mushroom and truffle pasta in the fresh pasta section, it looked like little moneybags. It is literally the tastiest thing I have ever had, but it was only a special and it's gone now : (

AngelwingsPetlamb Fri 08-Sep-17 14:47:27

I love it when Lidl has a promotion for the authentic Greek products, they had one this year and last year and it's just like being back on holiday when I treat myself to some of those goodies. I think Lidl is great.

compy99 Fri 08-Sep-17 14:49:55

only just discovered Lidl, so far love their cakes, breads, nappies and wipes, looking forward to trying more products

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now