Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share the moments your children haven’t been able to contain their emotions with The Emoji Movie - £300 voucher to be won

(184 Posts)
JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Jul-17 09:47:47

In light of the release of The Emoji Movie at Cinemas on August 4 (previews August 2 & 3), Sony Pictures would like to hear about the moments when your children haven’t been able to contain their emotions.

Here’s what Sony Pictures has to say: “The Emoji Movie unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone’s user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression – except for Gene (T.J. Miller), an exuberant emoji who was born without a filter and is bursting with multiple expressions. Determined to become “normal” like the other emojis, Gene enlists the help of his handy best friend Hi-5 (James Corden) and the notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak (Anna Faris). Together, they embark on an epic “app-venture” through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it’s deleted forever.”

See the trailer for The Emoji Movie below:

The Emoji Movie is at Cinemas August 4 (previewing on August 2 & 3). Find out more about The Emoji Movie on Facebook.
#EmojiMovie

All who post below with a time their child couldn’t contain their emotions (just like the Emoji Movie’s Gene) will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher. So, whether your child has been a little too excited about an upcoming holiday, can’t hold back their laughter at inappropriate times or jumps up and down when they’re happy, share this below.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

ButterflyOfFreedom Tue 11-Jul-17 16:32:06

At Christmas time - actually throughout the whole of December! - DS (4) was soooo excited he said he couldn't stop jumping! And it literally seemed like he couldn't!! He was bouncing around all over the place, being super giddy, laughing & smiling! Was a delight to see but exhausting too!! grin

purplepandas Tue 11-Jul-17 19:51:08

Good and bad? Good, when we told them that we were going to Legoland and staying in the Legoland hotel. That was as we approached Legoland and not before. It was a beautiful moment! I felt similar smile

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Wed 12-Jul-17 12:42:26

While quite tired before bed last night. 9 mo dd couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry at her daddy's silly faces and ended up doing both st the same time. It's hard being a baby! confused

foxessocks Wed 12-Jul-17 13:03:00

When packing to go on holiday recently my 3yo was giddy, running in circles, squealing , shaking her head , waving her arms...I needed a lie down just watching her!

CopperPan Wed 12-Jul-17 13:06:42

When going to Disneyland all the dc were so excited they couldn't sleep, I found dd playing with her Disney dolls late into the night! It was a nightmare getting them up in the morning, and they fell asleep on the train and needed a lot of prodding to wake up.

StealthPolarBear Wed 12-Jul-17 13:07:16

DS crawled when he was quite young and I used to hear patter patter of him crawling quite often followed by his little head sticking round the door.
When he heard his dad come back from work though his patter.. patter turned into PATTERPATTERPATTER excitedly towards the front door smile

BeeMyBaby Wed 12-Jul-17 13:28:46

It was a special occasion last month so my family went to a restaurant, DS hasn't been to a restaurant since he was tiny (he's now 17mo) so he kept letting little shrieks of excitement out for about 10 mins. I was blush until another toddler of a similar age came in and was shrieking in distress, so I became less self-conscious and began to look on the bright side that at least he was happy and that was what was most important.

lorka Wed 12-Jul-17 14:42:34

Definitely when we are going on holiday. The countdown begins a few months before!! smilesmile

Trinidading3 Wed 12-Jul-17 15:27:38

My 4 year old Son couldn't contain his look of amazement as he investigated my Armpit and declared "Mummy you have Trees in your Armpit!!!" referring to my hairy armpits........grin

asuwere Wed 12-Jul-17 16:48:08

DS got over excited about his birthday and ended up standing at the front door jumping and shouting "it's my birthday, I am 3!!" repeatedly until his grandparents arrived (about 30mins!) smile

GeekyWombat Wed 12-Jul-17 16:58:17

Took DD (then 2) and DS (4 months) to Disney World in Florida on holiday. She loves The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and as we were going to meet the characters for breakfast we got her a spotty dress and ears headband so she could dress like Minnie Mouse. DS was dressed in a Donald Duck babygro with a hat that was basically a Donald head (eyes, beak, hat of its own - not as creepy as it looks, honest).

DD was thrilled and so excited to be dressed as Minnie... Until she saw DD as Donald. Her little face crumpled when she saw him. She looked at me so sadly and said. "Mummy, can I be Donald Duck? Please?"

It wasn't a tantrum or an 'I want' which we're always telling her 'doesn't get'. It was just the saddest look I've ever seen on her face and, when we told her we didn't have a Donald Duck outfit for her, silent tears started rolling down her cheeks.

In the end DS hated the hat and kept pulling it off, and DD nabbed it. So we have a picture of her beaming meeting Mickey Mouse basically dressed as Minnie Mouse if she'd murdered Donald, decapitated him and worn his head as a hat. She has never looked more thrilled and giddy and every time I see the picture it makes me smile but also gives me pangs at how upset she'd been.

RippleEffects Wed 12-Jul-17 19:22:45

DS1 has unusual responses to things but wears his emotion. He's Autistic has ADHD and dyspraxia. He's also very large for his age, a bean pole.

In programming class he was so proud of teaching another student how to do something and see it come to fruition that he errupted in little jumps, as his peer realised they'd achieved the task they shreaked with joy and then DS's arms started flapping as others turned around and joined in celebrations it was apparently really contagious with so many happy people and DS physically expressing his delight jumping and flapping to the extent his teacher thought he might actually fly off.

FluffedIt Wed 12-Jul-17 19:34:46

The first time we did elf on the shelf ds(was 5 then), saw him on the table and as I read the letter explaining what was happening he was grinning with excitement until I finished and said he'd go back on xmas day..to which he burst into tears sobbing that he was going to miss him. After about 20 mins I had to sit him on the sofa and tell him to stop crying over something that wouldn't happen for nearly a month and he hadn't even spent 2 minutes with it yet!

Sensitive soul

user1497455653 Wed 12-Jul-17 19:41:19

When we took the children out to their favourite restaurant with a soft play area to tell them the exciting news that we were having another baby.

We whip out the scan picture all excited expecting to hear cries of joy and smiles all around but eldest daughter simply rolls her eyes as says 'not another one... do you actually need another one?!'

😂 5months in she's starting to warm up to the idea... only if it's a girl and she can choose the name Rosetta Shortcake though. No pressure.

Umpteenthnamechange Wed 12-Jul-17 21:13:00

The most priceless moments for us are when we offer our toddler DS a box of raisins.

He squeals and comes rushing and starts stamping my his feet up and down in anticipation as he waits and then can't wait anymore and screams "eeeeee" while furiously stamping his little feet up and down.

Then he gets it and says an emphatic "Yaah". Followed by "My".

allthingsred Wed 12-Jul-17 21:19:21

It has to be Christmas eve.
They just cannot contain themselves with the idea santa is coming. Seeing & hearing their exvitment & atticipation It is my favourite day of the year.

allthingsred Wed 12-Jul-17 21:20:30

🙈🙈🙈 sorry for my terrible spelling!!

vickyors Wed 12-Jul-17 21:27:51

My daughter, on the morning of her birthday, she came into the breakfast room, and saw a bike we'd got her. We'd got it second hand and wrapped it in a sheet..

She had a little jump, then hid her face in the pillows of the sofa! She couldn't actually speak! She was silent!

sweetfig Wed 12-Jul-17 21:48:55

My eldest daughter was 10 when I told her to put her coat on at 8pm in the middle of winter, she thought I was mad. I told her we were going for a hot chocolate on the beach, we arrived at a tumble down cottage 45 mins later. She first thought we were moving there, we went inside to be shown the most gorgeous chocolate lab. Dd thought then I'd just taken her there as I knew she loved puppies and really wanted one. When I told her he was hers she burst into tears of pure joy - there is yet no emoji to reflect her face xx

PickAChew Wed 12-Jul-17 22:59:07

DS1 has no filter when DS2 gets on his wick.

Which is pretty constant.

EasterRobin Wed 12-Jul-17 23:27:32

Whenever I say she can go on a trampoline DD gets massively excited and starts jumping up and down with excitement on the ground. It then takes a good few minutes for her to calm down enough to actually get on the trampoline... Just to start the jumping all over again.

kateandme Thu 13-Jul-17 05:32:14

when I told her she could get the pink unicorn cuddly toy.then having to wait until we 'd done the rest of shopping paid and got it out of bag as she got in the car!shes never been so good shopping.

georgedawes Thu 13-Jul-17 10:50:15

Whenever we go on holiday DD gets beside herself expecting us to arrive instantly. I remember her asking us if we were "nearly at the kids disco" when we'd just left the house at 3.45am, on an hour's journey to the airport, before a 4 hour flight to our destination. We had been hoping she'd sleep!!

ehallett2581 Thu 13-Jul-17 10:50:37

When we go to the cinema, my nephew can't hold back his excitement. He shouts out a lot during the movie, just as if he's watching TV at home. Thankfully, most people find it amusing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now