Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Co-op wants to know how you would make your mother’s day? - £300 voucher to be won NOW CLOSED

(331 Posts)
PoppyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Mar-17 11:43:18

To celebrate Mother’s Day, Co-op wants to find out what would make your mother’s day this coming Sunday. Maybe she’s a Mum with simple tastes, and a card or bunch of flowers will suffice to make her really happy? Or perhaps you’re going all out this year, inviting her around for a meal and a day spent with the family. If you’re taking a more creative approach, perhaps you’ll be making her gifts by yourself, or just planning a day together for some one-on-one time with you - maybe brunch and the cinema? As a mum, tell us what would make your day extra special?

Here’s what Co-op has to say: “This Mother’s Day we want everyone to think about their mum and how to make it really personal and special to her. To not only buy the usual expected mother’s day gifts, but to really think about what makes your mum happy. Because only when you really know your mum can you really make it her day.”

Whatever it is that you’re going to do to make your mother’s day really special, Co-op wants to know. Please share your thoughts below - everyone who posts will be entered into a prize draw and one MNer will win a £300 Co-op vouchers.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

MNHQ

Terms and conditions apply

MaverickSnoopy Fri 24-Mar-17 12:09:18

For Mother's Day I am hoping for a lie in, some rest and excited children! Anything else is a bonus. We'll be going out for lunch and then my mum will be coming over for tea and cake in the afternoon. I will be getting her a nice house plant and something else (undecided). Back in the day she always had breakfast in bed and I know my dad has carried this tradition on, even though all of the children have now left home. He makes sure that she still has a special day and is spoilt. For me, it's nice to have a restful day where I can switch my brain off and get off the hamster wheel....could I have more please and some Lindt chocolates?

HecateAntaia Fri 24-Mar-17 12:10:53

Well, a £300 voucher would pretty much make my mother's day, if im being honest. 😁

sharond101 Fri 24-Mar-17 12:34:03

For me it would be a stress free fun day out with my family and everyone to be happy. For my Mum it would be everyone around her to be happy so much the same really. Material things aren't of importance to me and I know he won't do it but if my dh had to make me a card with the kids that be be ultra special.

frowner Fri 24-Mar-17 12:40:51

My mum is sadly no longer alive but I do have two gorgeous little girls so it is a bittersweet day. I just love to spend the day with my husband and girls and they always bake me a special Mother's Day cake which is so special to me.

glenthebattleostrich Fri 24-Mar-17 12:52:28

We don't live near my mam or DMIL so I've arranged flowers and cards and we'll phone.

For me it's a nice lie in, tea in my favourite mug and lunch then cinema with DD.

BookShop Fri 24-Mar-17 13:08:08

I've been given a homemade candle by DD and a homemade cupcake art piece by DS. They both have daffodils to give me this afternoon after school and they are preparing a roast chicken dinner for Sunday evening. That's all I need.

My mother and I are NC so I couldn't care less how she is spending it. As long as it's not near me.

TooManyNames Fri 24-Mar-17 13:30:02

I'd love a surprise- everything is always planned by me, would be cool if the husband and kids could plan something (for once) haha!

needalittleL Fri 24-Mar-17 13:30:58

My mum is a perpetual plate spinner. She has her own business in tech (giving me an excellent role model) she works away, she looks after her granddaughter (my daughter), and her mother (who has leukaemia). So I have to think-what would I get her to help her.... so I got her some time out. A manicure and a pedicure. And a cuppa in a cafe.

mum25littleones Fri 24-Mar-17 13:51:44

My mum always does things for others without asking for anything in return. I won vouchers one year so treat my mum to a weekend in Geneva. Not so lucky this year though but I'm sure she will love her new wax warmer and flowers 🌺

ButterflyOfFreedom Fri 24-Mar-17 14:02:44

For me it would be a lie-in, breakfast in bed, maybe a walk in the woods / park, followed by a (stress free) pub lunch! A card would be nice too!

My mum would like to get the family together for a meal - which will happen next weekend!

OhHolyFuck Fri 24-Mar-17 14:08:35

I want the weather to be good, like today really bright and sunny
I'm hoping we'll go to the big park near us and the boys can have a run around, we might feed the ducks too
Have a cake and a coffee in the cafe
Walk home nap!

Would make me so happy

voyager50 Fri 24-Mar-17 14:15:51

This mother's day is also my sister's birthday - she would love for my sister's house sale to go through so she will see all three of her daughters happy in their new homes within a year of each other!

This would make her mother's day.

CMOTDibbler Fri 24-Mar-17 14:21:28

I'm hoping for a bacon sarnie in the morning, followed by a sunny bike ride, stop for cake, and then a swim.

My mum has dementia, and would be oblivious to anything I did. The best thing in the world would be for her to recognise me and say my name, but that's long gone

Summergarden Fri 24-Mar-17 14:21:57

I'll be happy with a lie in, bunch of daffodils and a home made card.

For my mum, I've booked cinema tickets to see Beauty and the Beast with DD as well, and some flowers.

illstopatone Fri 24-Mar-17 14:35:55

For my Mother's Day I'm hoping for a little break from my usual routine. I just separated from my husband and i have no help at all.
My daughter is my life we are best friends. She made a card and we got a potted plant from the school which we are watering together and it's the highlight of our week.
I've made some great friends since moving here a year ago and one of them is taking my daughter for a night in Saturday and I'm hitting the town for the first time in over a year.
My mom is far away and all I can do is call her and tell her I love her. She's an inspiration as she raised six children by herself and is now raising my late sisters children. I know she's tired all the time as she's also the director of a preschool.
So I'm all I want all the mothers out there to just realize the great contribution they make to society. To not worry to much to put their feet up drink some wine and be themselves

Thirdload Fri 24-Mar-17 14:36:44

My beautiful mum is no longer with us, but here's what I'd do if I had one more chance to spend Mothers day with her.

First I would have already sent her a surprise parcel in the post, something we used to do for eachother all the time. The parcel would have chocs, silly newspaper cuttings, a cheesy poem, a book, fancy tea bags, a CD with her favourite music and a little letter from me.

Then I'd go round with a big bunch of flowers. We'd have tea and a chat together and play with my DC (who she sadly never met) then go out for a fancy lunch (without children!).

In the afternoon we would do anything my mum chose. She was often adventurous and loved visiting new places and she also loved shopping, but these things were harder once she couldn't drive anymore. So something like that. Money would be no object for one day. Then I'd drive her home.

Saying goodbye at the end of the day would be hard because one day isn't enough, is it?

But thank you for the chance to take a trip down memory lane smile

Hopezibah Fri 24-Mar-17 15:58:02

My own mum is no longer around but i knew she always loved some simple fresh flowers like a bunch of daffodils. For me, I love to be given some time AWAY from my kids to get a bit of peace. Nothing fancy or pampering - just literally a quiet walk by myself or time to read. Those are the things I don't find time to with 3 kids around the rest of the time.

Badders123 Fri 24-Mar-17 16:04:28

A cup of tea in bed
Some pretty flowers - I love tulips and the co op do very nice bunches!! 😀
Perhaps some chocolate?
But that's it really
A hand made card is always welcome 😀

GrumpyOldBlonde Fri 24-Mar-17 16:12:02

Mine would be very happy with a card, a bottle of fizz and someone else to cook the lunch. This would also be my perfect mothers day.

Vonklump Fri 24-Mar-17 16:15:36

No Mum any more. I made a donation to DEC in her memory, she would have liked that.

I'd settle for a lie in and a cup of tea in bed. A full night's sleep would make my day though!

ang65t Fri 24-Mar-17 16:16:57

A lie-in is a must, I am happy with a card and to see my lovely girls smiling.

foxessocks Fri 24-Mar-17 16:37:18

Chocolate. Lie in. Cup of coffee. Dinner cooked for me. Possibly wine!

Alwayswaiting Fri 24-Mar-17 17:03:25

Nice sunny weather, a lie in, a cooked breakfast.... cuddles In bed from my children and a little bit of me time (relaxing bath for example or manicure/pedicure) and maybe a nice glass of wine. Heaven!

WowOoo Fri 24-Mar-17 17:04:56

I would like a proper fry up breakfast made and delivered to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now