Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share your DCs proudest moments with LEGO® Juniors and be in with a chance to win a £300 Love2Shop voucher and LEGO Junior play sets!NOW CLOSED

(191 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 06-Mar-17 10:09:10

We all want our DC to grow up with confidence and pride in everything they do, whether it’s making a structurally sound lollipop stick bridge or finally mastering the art of writing their own name. LEGO® Juniors would like to hear what your DC's proudest moments have been and how you encouraged them to achieve them.

Here’s what LEGO Juniors has to say: ‘NO is a word that is used a lot when you’re a parent, especially when your DC reach that age when they feel ready to explore and challenge boundaries. LEGO Juniors offer parents a way to support their children’s development at a time in life when their children go from being very dependent and in need of parental control, to becoming young and aspiring individuals that want to do everything by themselves.’

So what have your DC's proudest moments been and how have you encouraged them to build their confidence? Did you bravely take a step away from NO-LAND and say YES to letting them explore their independence and creativity? Or perhaps you kept on encouraging them so that one day they were finally able to colour inside the lines? Maybe they actually surprised you with their ability in a particular area or they might have made what to an outsider would seem like a small achievement but you know to be a major win.

Whatever your DC's proudest moments are, please share them below and you will be entered into a prize draw where you could win a £300 Love2Shop voucher, a LEGO Junior Fire Patrol Suitcase, or a LEGO Junior Mia’s Farm Suitcase. Please also share photos of their successes and achievements below; we’d love to see them.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

clairethewitch70 Mon 06-Mar-17 10:16:42

I am so proud of my soon to be 18 year old son. He had a Statement in school and one to one teaching in Primary. He had a diagnosis of severe dyslexia. Scraped through High School in SEN class, with poor GCSES. Couldn't get into Sixth form with friends.

He enrolled in 2 part time College classes for CAD (Computer Aided Design) and got a Distinction in both - Level 1 & Level 2 in 2d & 3d

This year he is doing Engineering Level 1 full time and part time Level 2 in 2d CAD, he is Distinction level at the moment. I am so proud as we had such concerns for his education. Next year he is doing Level 2 Electrical Engineering full time.

He doubted his ability but we encouraged him to try and I am so glad we did.

sharond101 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:29:45

I am so proud of my 4 year old who is the kindest person I know and makes me smile everyday. He leaves pictures and cards under my pillow and when he got to choose a cake the other day he chose one with a fairy princess ring ontop so he coud give the ring to his Sister who couldn't have a cake as she has a dairy alergy.

aggga8 Mon 06-Mar-17 13:11:21

Im very proud of my son, he is 7 years old. At school he is very good at Math, he love play with Lego. Till he was 5 he manage to build all Lego by himself.

AVT5 Mon 06-Mar-17 13:35:08

one of my 4 year olds proudest moments is when 2 new children started nursery and she went straight over to them and showed them around and started playing with them. shes such a lovely girl and the nursery staff said they were really proud and really helped them settle in!

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Mon 06-Mar-17 13:39:19

I'm very proud of all my DC but my DD (just turned 6 and a major lego friends collector) had a very proud moment at the end of half term she was awarded the KS1 afterschool multisports trophy. She had a significant mobility delay, very late walker, and suffers from very high anxiety (she's under a consultant for ASD assessment). Shes been very resistant to joining any clubs but her older brother does football with the same sports coach and hes fab. Over the school year he gently encourages the younger ones to join the junior sports activities. With support from school staff and the coach she initially observed and then was gently encouraged to join in. Shes a really gentle child not keen on being touched and the club is almost exclusively very energetic boys so not what I would have anticipated to be a natural fit. Shes thrived. Absolutely loves it. Has other girls joining in this half term too. I'm so proud that she tried something different, has given it her best and is instilling that enthusiasm in others.

Cambam2010 Mon 06-Mar-17 13:44:18

My son has struggled with his hand writing ever since starting school in year R. He is now in year 2 and he has worked so hard. Every night he sits with me and practices for 30 minutes (despite having a full dairy of Beavers, Swimming, clubs etc) before watching any TV or playing with any games. It has really paid off and last week, at his parents evening, his form teacher told us how well he was getting on. On Friday he came home from school with the class Golden Certificate - awarded for his neat writing and also his Pen License. He was so over joyed and I was so proud of him. It has been a struggle for him but he has not given up and he has learnt that perseverance pays off.

FuckingHateRats Mon 06-Mar-17 14:00:13

I'm proud of all of my kids - my 9yr old especially has been able to withstand peer pressure and really be himself, despite what others think. He doesn't like football and isn't very sporty or 'street', but he is compassionate and funny and kind and I'm so unbelievably proud of the young man he is becoming.

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Mon 06-Mar-17 14:00:30

DD (sorry but beautiful smiling proud face obscured as I forgot to name change) with her proud moment trophy

JamesDelayneysTattoos Mon 06-Mar-17 14:51:47

I am proud of my 9 year old daughter. She has aspergers and hates people touching her. She doesn't like people looking at her and has only had her hair trimmed twice in her life as it is so stressful for her.

Last year she decided to raise money for The Little Princess Trust as our friends daughter was being treated for Aplastic Anaemia and had lost her hair.

Annie sat for over 40 minutes in the hairdressers chair, fighting her demons and with tears running down her face, her whole body fighting to remain in the chair whilst the Hairdresser cut off 15 inches of her beautiful waist length hair to send to the charity to be made into wigs for children who had lost their own hair.

Everyone was crying, the salon owner, the hair stylist, my oldest daughter who was 20 at the time and me. We could see how hard it was for Annie but she did it. She hated her hair, she still hates it even though it's grown back a lot in a year but she did it. She was brave and strong and she raised £1000 for the Little Princess Trust. She is so proud of herself and she is my inspiration every single day.

Summerholidayblues Mon 06-Mar-17 14:54:56

Our 3 year old DD seems most proud when she learns something new at nursery and shares it with us. She beams when we congratulate her!
We're most proud of how she treats others - trying to comfort her baby sibling or trying to help me when the baby's pram wheel got stuck in the pavement!!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 06-Mar-17 15:16:10

My youngest son was bursting with pride when his classmates voted for him as class president.

BeeMyBaby Mon 06-Mar-17 15:16:26

My DD1s proudest moment was when she was trying to write her friends names in Arabic and dh was reading it and said it was just nonsense, however then he read it backwards and realised it was written left to right and she had actually written all the sounds perfectly. My dd2s proudest moment was when reading suddenly clicked with phonics. And my DSs proudest moment was when he learned to clap on Christmas morning, he was absolutely delighted with himself.

CMOTDibbler Mon 06-Mar-17 15:38:08

DS says it was when he first got the hang of riding his bike.

In terms of building confidence, we model the process of challenging ourselves, not being sure about it, failing sometimes and achieving. Its all too easy to not share that with your children, but its important to see others being worried/scared about doing things and pushing through.

MrsBellefleur Mon 06-Mar-17 16:18:38

I'm proud of how well dd (3.11) is coping with the soon to be change of becoming a big sister. She is so excited and talks about it all the time and I can't wait to see how she reacts when the baby actually arrives.

Jenniferb21 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:50:45

I'm incredibly proud of my little boy who has just played the keyboard in our local church for the first time in front of an audience. He suffers from social anxiety and it took him months to build up his confidence and not cancel last minute (as he has done twice before).

It meant such a lot to him and I'm glad I supported him along the way as he knows now anything is possible if you put your mind to it and overcome your fears by trusting others and allowing people to help you and support you.

Squeezed Mon 06-Mar-17 17:07:47

Our beautiful dog will be pts soon as she isn't very well. She's dd's best friend and although she's very sad about what will happen, she's decided to be her vet. DD dresses up and looks after her. When dd goes to nursery she makes sure there is someone else to be the vet. DD also gives anyone who is sad about the poorly dog, very big cuddles and tells us that's it's OK because we can always remember her.

GiraffesAndButterflies Mon 06-Mar-17 17:49:59

Not long after starting nursery, my DD (4) went and got a teacher when her best friend got hurt. She normally would never speak to a relatively unknown adult so I was immensely proud of her for knowing that she needed to help her friend, and being brave enough to do it. grin

DS (1) has learned to copy people, if you smack your lips at him / sigh / cough etc, he will do it back and thinks he's such a bright button grinwink

TiggersAngel7774 Mon 06-Mar-17 18:25:08

My son is on the autism spectrum so we celebrate every little milestone.
He hardly leaves his technology ones he comes home. Be it ipad, xbox or his computer which he uses to practice DJ'ing and coding.

But as he loves pokemon go we got him a mobile recently and so proud than whenever asked hes keen to go pokemon go hunting. We go out for about an hour sometimes longer and he enjoys. Usually he would moan, hes bored or legs hurt

HermanCakeDestroyer Mon 06-Mar-17 19:16:14

I am so proud of my ds and dd. Some years ago now my ds had an asthma attack in the middle of the night and my dd sat beside him and rubbed his back and reassured him whilst we called the ambulance.

OhHolyFuck Mon 06-Mar-17 19:48:32

Weirdly one of mine was today - my youngest DS has really struggled in preschool with the other kids and speech, to the point we've had various assessments to see if it may be something 'more'
Today a little girl came for the fist time and was upset, ds2 went to comfort her and tried to show her his favourite games on the computer to cheer her up
Might not sound like a big thing but recognising someone else's feelings and having the empathy to act on it is a huge thing for him

polosarethefoodofgods Mon 06-Mar-17 20:16:07

I'm proud of my ds because at 4 yo. he is always doing his best to be polite and is always kind to others. he is also wise beyond his years and I love it when he remembers to be a child and just play.

foxessocks Mon 06-Mar-17 20:26:41

I'm proud of how well my dd has settled into nursery school. Her key worker says she is clever and sweet and has made friends. My baby boy is only six months but he has made me proud this week by learning to sit up all by himself!

del2929 Mon 06-Mar-17 20:56:45

proudest moment has to be when my dd lovingly helps to look after her baby sis.

MimsyBorogroves Mon 06-Mar-17 21:01:07

My 5 year old has some interesting tastes in obsessions - reading Lego building instructions as bedtime stories, not liking any animals except for snails, being obsessive about counting and a host of other things. He has a lot of social issues, and whilst he's fine in school he won't do playing at people's houses, parties freak him out and he is generally a bit unsure of others. One child came up to him at school and called him weird recently. He fixed them with a steely eye and replied "I'm not weird, I'm quirky".

Heart melted, pride soared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now