Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Wriggle-wrestles at change-time? Share your story for a chance to win vouchers + nappies! NOW CLOSED

(178 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 06-Feb-17 10:21:55

We’ve been asked by Pampers to find out about the biggest nappy change-time challenges that Mumsnetters face! To celebrate Baby-Dry Nappy Pants, Pampers want to hear about your little one’s changing-mat moves…take a read below and share a comment, photo or video of your LO’s signature change-time move to be in with a chance of winning a 6-month supply of Baby-Dry Nappy Pants and a £200 John Lewis voucher!

Here’s what Pampers has to say about Baby-Dry Nappy Pants:
"When your little one is between six and eight months old, you may well notice a change in their movements... what started as a little ninja twist has suddenly turned into a lightning-fast commando crawl across the carpet, a Houdini-esque baby roll, or a beautiful bottom-shuffle! You’ll know then that one thing’s certain; change time isn’t going to get any easier!"

"Nowadays pants aren’t just for potty training – in fact more and more parents are telling us they prefer a pants-style nappy for everyday use with younger babies, because they’re so easy to put on and change - unlike taped nappies, you can put them on with one pull. So, if you’re contending with a professional mover, or a groover, it’s time to make the change and leave the wriggle wrestle behind, with Pampers Baby-Dry Nappy Pants!"

"So, what makes Pampers Baby-Dry Nappy Pants so good for wriggly babies? They have an all-around 360 degree fit stretchy waistband and flexible leg cuffs, so they are easier to pull on even when your little one is moving around. They also feature a unique Extra Sleep-Layer, which quickly absorbs wetness for up to 12 hours of overnight dryness, and Micro Pearls™ which absorb up to 30 times their weight and lock wetness away. In fact, Pampers Baby-Dry Nappy Pants contain the same innovations & features that are in your favourite taped Pampers nappies – so your little one can enjoy all of the benefits of Pampers best dryness, comfort and fit in an easy to use pants style!"

"So, from the first wriggle, try Pampers Baby-Dry Nappy Pants – it’s as easy as one-two-three!

Step 1: Slip your baby’s legs in and pull the pants up and on.
Step 2: To change, don’t fear a wriggle-wrestle; just tear the sides.
Step 3: Roll the pants up, stick the tape in place and you’re all done!"

And, if you’ve already tried Pampers Baby-Dry Nappy Pants Pampers would be be very grateful if you could share your feedback here

If you’ve got an expert nappy-change disruptor in the house, Pampers want you to get involved by sharing a comment, picture or video of your little one’s signature change-time move! Are they a Kangaroo kicker, a giggler or an Octopus-esque grabber? How about a mischievous Monkey, slippery Snake or just a good old-fashioned wriggly Worm? Let us know below and everyone who posts on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one Mumsnetter will win a 6-month supply of Pampers Baby-Dry Nappy Pants and a £200 John Lewis voucher.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

MrWriter Mon 06-Feb-17 12:48:17

Oh my goodness, this is totally my daughter. She's 10 months now but from around 6 months I've had to be a ninja to put her nappies on and even to get the dirty ones off, which to be honest is scarier!

You have to be quick, she wriggles and spins and goes crazy kicking legs and flailing arms, and now she's crawling she's half way across the room with a half secured nappy dangling round her!

Since seeing the ad on TV for pants for wriggling babies I have been meaning to buy some to try, but as my brain seems to be on permanent fuzz mode I keep forgetting!

I really must, anything is worth a try!

asuwere Mon 06-Feb-17 12:54:04

I tested these pants with DS3 as a MN trial. I have to say, a nappy is much easier than pants for a wriggly baby! I change babies on my knee and if you keep a grip of their feet/ankles, they can't really get away. If you are putting on pants though, you have to remove tights/trousers/socks/shoes etc which takes a lot longer then you have to get it all back on! Plus, the quick pull on idea doesn't work well with boys as you still need to then check their willy is still pointing down!
Overall, I think majority of parents are stronger than their baby/toddler so can probably manage to hold them for the minute it takes to change them. And it is only a very short phase where they won't/don't stay still for a change.
(Obviously totally aware I won't win!)

VioletRoar Mon 06-Feb-17 13:22:40

I swear by pull ups. My dd is more ninja than baby. She senses your approach and legs it out the room laughing hysterically. She'll occasionally shout "poo," to remind you that she knows she needs a change, she's just choosing to not cooperate. I've managed to reduce nappy change battles down to only about seventeen hours now <smug>.

NauticalDisaster Mon 06-Feb-17 13:38:42

My youngest fits in a Curious George and pulled down nappy pants to see if he had done a poo... he had and it popped out of the nappy onto the floor <boak>

Neither my eldest son nor I were very impressed but it's a learning for them when they are potty training. Hopefully his lesson is not to check by pulling down his nappy!

lizziefield1982 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:08:28

I am so not sure this is a phase! My son is now 17 months and has been a wriggler to change since he was about 6 months and off crawling. He has changed tactics in that time though! Before he used to roll and crawl off as fast as his knees would carry him, now he won't lie down to do a nappy change as he thinks he is too much of a big boy for all that! It's like herding cats and a total disaster if poo is involved. Obviously he is a saint for my hubby. Giggles away like he loves it 😕 I would love to try these, am considering potty training to save my sanity. I am 7 months preggers with number two too! Eek...

CazH73 Mon 06-Feb-17 14:41:36

My son is now 11 months old.Out of my 4 children he is definitely the biggest wriggler at changing time!!To keep him occupied I first have to give him the clean nappy to hold and say ta,then we do a quick swap and give him the wipes to hold while putting his nappy on.Its the only way to keep him pre-occupied & not wriggle & crawl away at a rapid speed.We have just been trying the pampers pants,am still not sure they make life much easier as you have to try & get their legs in when they're waving them around.confused

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Mon 06-Feb-17 17:17:50

Ooooo look! I can roll over and crawl away! They'll not get that nappy on me - ha ha!

Really? You think so? I am the champion Wriggle Wrangler! There - done! Nappy on back-to-front. Not only do I not need to flip you to get the nappy on, but the tabs are at the back so you'll not be undoing it in a hurry, either.

Smug, moi?

randomsabreuse Mon 06-Feb-17 18:15:17

I've got a champion wriggler. She started by being super helpful and lifting her bottom for changes. Now she's not quite so co-operative and spins like an angry crocodile if you use the restraint strap in an out and about changing facility. Best game of all is to steal Mummy's glasses when she bends close to lie you down!

In the house the game is to escape while mummy or daddy is washing their hands after a change and find something to post into the toilet or nappy bin...

Nappy pants would improve the nappy putting on part of the game as she would be able to put them on without lying down again, and hopefully they wouldn't need several adjustments to be tight enough for her dainty little waist!

CheeseEMouse Mon 06-Feb-17 18:19:37

My little one has a sort of backward caterpillar manouvre to escape. He is sort of distracted if I ask him to "help" and hold the wipes or new nappy, but basically I have had to become an expert at speed changing along with a sort of police-interceptors style pinning down. I'm oooling forward to him being potty trained!

foxessocks Mon 06-Feb-17 18:21:15

My dd was a dream baby and toddler for nappy changing , she rarely wriggled , she'd happily lie down for you , I literally never needed to use a pull up. Then along came my ds...He is only five months old but he already wriggles like made for nappy changes. He kicks his legs so hard and tries constantly to turn over. I fear for the toddler years...

Jenniferb21 Mon 06-Feb-17 20:14:00

Thank goodness for these pull ups! I have a nightmare of a time changing my little boy (10 months old) it is honestly like trying to bath a cat! He wriggles, constantly rolls over and kicks his legs constantly. He's actually never upset by getting changed he just wants to play!

I started using these as my godson's mum recommended them to me when he started to crawl. They are totally worth spending the extra money this is when you realise Pampers is still the best brand in terms of value for money for innovation alone. I used Aldi and boots nappies as well as Pampers in the beginning and ended up just sticking with Pampers so I've tried a few brands and can honestly say it saves me a lot of time and a bad back using Pampers pull ups! Saving money by not seeing my physio as often! grin

i've attached a photo of my little pudding for you all to enjoy. Please can we see more cute baby pics???!! halo

Ohwoolballs Mon 06-Feb-17 21:22:23

I swear my son never did the gymnastics until he saw your advert Pampers wink
Now me attempting to lay him down results in very impressive crab and plan moves so we do the majority of our changes with him stood up at the sofa or coffee table. Even the poos! Normally he is stood happily pulling out all the wipes whilst I do the cleaning.
In my review for the Pampers Pants on the app I said that they got my fairly slim son better as the elasticated waist grips. With traditional nappies I felt I had to fasten really tightly as he had no bum or tum to hold it up!
I haven't yet tried a change in public yet though, I don't think I dare put him on a pull out changer incase he throws himself off.... shock
We've just moved up to size fours and I'm very happy with them.

123julie321 Mon 06-Feb-17 21:45:57

DS is definitely a kangaroo kicker with legs flying here, there and everywhere! I go a kick in the nose one day last week, and the little munchkin thought this was veryyy funny!

GiraffesAndButterflies Mon 06-Feb-17 21:57:15

I have a bar of soap baby, can't hold on to the little monster. And the speed at which he can roll, get up, sidle along the bath and grab his sister's toothbrush would put an f1 car to shame. My signature move to get him to stay still is to dangle my hair in his face then whip it away before he grabs it. Leaves my hands free to do the dirty job. Doesn't always work though as sometimes he's too quick and gives it a good yank. Plus I DREAD the day he manages to get my hair pooey <shudder>.

TwoMs Mon 06-Feb-17 21:58:37

My youngest son (17 months) is a cheeky monkey at nappy change time. He either fights so it's a struggle to get him lying down at all, or he lies nicely enough for you to remove the soiled nappy then he rolls over and takes off in the blink of an eye! And he giggles when you chase him to put on a fresh one before he sprinkles on the carpet!

Singingforsanity Tue 07-Feb-17 00:14:35

We've been using pull-ups with DS since about 10 months! He has always had ants in his pants, even in the womb, so has never been easy to change but now every change time has to involve singing and tickles (and usually his favourite car) to keep him in one place! His favourite move is suddenly thrusting himself off to the side and scrambling to get away.

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 07-Feb-17 09:24:47

I don't mind having a wriggler at home, it's nice to have some nappy free time when we are not in a rush.

It's when you are out and about, in a cramped (and often smelly) toilet trying to change a wriggle-bum on a plastic changing table that pull-up really come in handy. Quick and easy (unless there's poo).

MakeTeaNotWar Tue 07-Feb-17 10:46:17

As soon as my daughter was able to pull herself up from around 8 months, the easiest way to change her was standing up! It was a nightmare when in a wet, smelly public loo.

BillyButtfuck Tue 07-Feb-17 12:05:27

Trying to change one poo-nami on the floor at my aunts house whilst the other twin is also crawling round on the floor and trying to 'help' is a nightmare!!
We bought a flashing light plastic Christmas bauble in the sale which we give the one being changed to play with - it's the only way of keeping them flat and still long enough to change them.

They're only little but my word are they strong, and fast, and wriggley!!!!!

I am officially a nappy changing ninja.

CordeliaScott Tue 07-Feb-17 13:53:09

I have tried the nappy pants on both my 9 month old and 2 year old. I do think that they are much easier than normal nappies especially on the 2 year old who now refuses to wear normal nappies as "they are for babies". She will quite nicely stand and have the pants changed but screams and bucks like she's possessed if you try to lie her down and change her nappy.

The 9 month old has just started to realise that he can crawl off so will roll and commando crawl as soon as he is put down. The only way to keep him in place long enough to change the nappy is to sing "If you're happy and you know it". Pulling the pants on is so much easier than fiddling with nappy tape

Sammyislost Tue 07-Feb-17 15:39:03

My little one likes to do a runner! When they know i'm about to change their nappy, they start to run...sometimes I like to hold on to the back of their nappy, but they do little scooby-doo legs before pinging back into my arms ready for a nappy change!!!

grin

CMOTDibbler Tue 07-Feb-17 16:34:44

Mine used to do an ultra fast flip when you were least expecting it!

Summerdays2014 Tue 07-Feb-17 18:13:56

I have recently started using these with my son, whose just turned one. I now change him when he's standing up leaning on the sofa with a toy to distract and a changing mat under him. It's so much easier. Before he just crawled and rolled away.

CopperPan Tue 07-Feb-17 18:58:14

DS used to run off when I was trying to change his nappy - he thought it was hilarious. We've got a great baby gym that he could lie under when changing him, but he got bored of the toys on there so I'd attach different ones every week to keep him interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now