This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Tell Homebase about your favourite Christmas essentials for a chance to win a £300 voucher NOW CLOSED

(448 Posts)
RebeccaEMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 23-Nov-16 15:38:50

With Christmas around the corner, Homebase wants to know all about your festive favourites and the seasonal must-haves you just can’t live without.

Would Christmas without a tree not be Christmas at all? Have your baubles got to be a certain colour to fit in with the rest of the décor? And is there only one style of lighting you could ever have in your home?

Whatever’s essential to you this Christmas, visit homebase.co.uk and post a link below to the products you just can’t live without - and tell us why.

So for a chance to win a £300 Homebase voucher, simply take the survey and add a comment below.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

TheFlounder Wed 23-Nov-16 16:05:10

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/blaze-smokeless-fuel---10kg-259731

It has to be coal for the fire on Christmas Eve.

teddygirlonce Wed 23-Nov-16 16:36:18

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/silver-and-white-wooden-tree-advent-calendar-372242

The annual Christmas countdown with a 'fill your own' reusable Advent calendar!

TheSpottedZebra Wed 23-Nov-16 16:42:48

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/100-warm-white-led-timer-lights-371246

I'd struggle to have too many lights at Christmas. I like warm white for the Christmas decorations innthe main rooms.

ShatnersBassoon Wed 23-Nov-16 16:45:30

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/duracel-plus-power-aa-batteries---5-plus-3-free-305419

Batteries, thousands of them.

NattyTile Wed 23-Nov-16 17:06:20

www.homebase.co.uk/ProductDisplay?sType=SimpleSearch&pgGrp=search&searchTerm=Nativity&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10011&productId=754162&beginIndex=&resultCatEntryType=&langId=110&pageSize=12&storeId=10201
A crib scene, because it wouldn't be Christmas without Jesus.

JustPoppingBy Wed 23-Nov-16 17:11:03

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/simplicity-mistletoe-rattan-wreath-372553

A different one every year but the last decoration we put up is always the front door wreath.
And it's the first lovely thing visitors see when we welcome them into the warm.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Wed 23-Nov-16 17:44:37

www.homebase.co.uk/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10011&categoryId=49104&productId=Classic White Christmas Tree Light for the real tree that we all go to buy as a family. It's all of my Christmas memories wrapped up together, and makes me smile every morning when I come down to see it and every night as I turn off the lights to go to bed and look back at it.

Greenfingeredfun Wed 23-Nov-16 18:12:04

A house that feels finished. There's always something to do! At the moment we are getting the bathroom done. We are waiting for the plaster to dry before we move on to the next step of painting and tiling. Still not chosen the tiles... I'm hoping we can finish it before Christmas. I can't bear the thought of us still having a toilet, sink and shower tray piled up in the living room alongside the tree!!! shock

Greenfingeredfun Wed 23-Nov-16 18:13:51

So for me it'd be www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/bumpy-wall-tiles---white---200-x-200mm---25-pack-727775
Tiles wouldn't make everyone's Christmas.. but they'd make mine!

Theimpossiblegirl Wed 23-Nov-16 18:58:20

I love the whole Nordic Shelter and Heirloom collections, but if I had to choose one thing, it would be the pink lustre champagne glasses (with lots of champagne).
www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/pink-lustre-champagne-glass-370799

MaureenMLove Wed 23-Nov-16 19:15:52

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/christmas-shop/gift-wrapping-and-tags
Boring I know, but I couldn't live without gift bags! I struggle so much with wrapping everything with paper, I bulk buy bags and make it quick and simple!

heyday Wed 23-Nov-16 20:17:03

As a family we love decorating the Christmas tree and every year the youngest member of the family gets to choose a new decoration to place upon it.

Onenerfwarfrombreakdown Wed 23-Nov-16 20:18:04

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/luxury-tinsel-372333

One of my favourite parts of Christmas is decorating the tree and the living room with my son. We love loads and loads of tinsel, on the tree, picture frames, tv stand, even the dog bed gets decorated winkso I couldn't live without tinsel!

PorridgeAgainAbney Wed 23-Nov-16 20:23:23

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/20-holly-and-berry-christmas-lights-370881

Bought these last year and I love them!

Xmasfairy86 Wed 23-Nov-16 20:49:46

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/christmas-shop/christmas-candles-holders-and-lantern/christmas-candles-holders-and-lantern/gold-frosted-tealight-holder-reindeer-370813

Have these in 3 colours. Love a Xmas candle

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/poinsettia---13cm-199511

And in memory of my DG, I have to have a poinsettia! Thinking of getting the mini ones this year so I cam have more!

Yummum19 Wed 23-Nov-16 21:01:31

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/red-and-white-santa-cookie-jar-372254

I love novelty items like this Santa cookie jar placed around the house to spread some more Christmas joy for the kids!

purplepandas Wed 23-Nov-16 21:12:26

This was heavily suggested by my DD when I asked about having a tree in my office.
www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/reindeer-decorated-christmas-tree-in-felt-pot-014520

ohlittlepea Wed 23-Nov-16 21:18:31

Oh god I love the whole nordic shelter range so much! Its like somebody has created my dream christmas!! Love this gorgeous garland. Twinkly and magic smile www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/pinecone--white-snowflake-garland-369922

SaladDressing Wed 23-Nov-16 21:26:04

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/grandeur-gold-brushed-mixed-tip-christmas-wreath-370271

It's the last thing to go up but once I have a wreath hanging on the front door it starts feeling like Christmas (and makes me smile when I come home).

Purplehonesty Wed 23-Nov-16 21:38:51

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/large-fluffy-standing-reindeer-372459

Dd (4) was desperate to buy this the other day to put on our hearth.
I really wanted it to but couldn't justify the £25
So I know what I would buy with my voucher!!

GummyBunting Wed 23-Nov-16 21:46:41

www.homebase.co.uk/en/static/artificial-christmas-trees/75ft-e-connect-pre-lit-fraser-fir-christmas-tree-369798

The Christmas tree is the epicentre of Christmas. The ritual of getting it outo of the loft, stress of putting it together and joy of decorating it really signified the beginning of Christmas.

clopper Wed 23-Nov-16 22:34:24

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/gold-frosted-tealight-holder-reindeer-370813
www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/wild-berry-jelly-candle-370844
I love Christmas candles dotted around the house. It makes the rooms look cheerful and cosy.

PickAChew Wed 23-Nov-16 22:47:58

A kitchen with some actual flooring would be nice, for Christmas. Currently balancing on loft boards so I don't accidentally stand on exposed pipes, when cooking, after we had to find the source of a leak, last week.
www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/value-vinyl-tile---black-speckle---056-sq-m-per-pack-827192

Belmo Wed 23-Nov-16 23:34:39

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/christmas-shop/real-christmas-trees
Real Christmas trees!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now