This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share your favourite quote from a Disney film, song, book or TV show with DisneyLife and you could win a £300 Love2Shop voucher NOW CLOSED

(522 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Jan-16 13:43:10

To celebrate the recent launch of DisneyLife, the new digital membership service from Disney, they’d love to hear about your favourite quote from a Disney film, TV show, song or book.

Here's what DisneyLife says, "We're so excited to launch DisneyLife, which gives the whole family access to a fantastic collection of Disney and DisneyPixar movies, Disney Channels TV box sets, books, music and more, in one place for the first time. DisneyLife will help create magical moments for the whole family to share at home or on the move."

So what’s your favourite Disney quote? Perhaps you love the lesson about the past from The Lion King (“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it”)? Or maybe you’ve always liked the Mulan quote about difficult times ("The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all")?

Post a comment on this thread to let us know what your favourite Disney quote is and which film, song, book or TV show it came from.

Please note DisneyLife may well use your anonymous comments on their website, on social media as well as possibly elsewhere.

Everyone who adds a comment will be entered in to a prize draw where one winner will receive a £300 Love2Shop voucher.

Check out our bloggers review of DisneyLife in the video below:

Thanks & good luck,
MNHQ

gamerwidow Mon 18-Jan-16 16:09:02

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife

The jungle book

bigsnugglebunny Mon 18-Jan-16 17:37:01

"You can't marry a man you just met" - Queen Elsa (Frozen)

Theimpossiblegirl Mon 18-Jan-16 17:56:32

Hakuna matata and if that doesn't work, let it go!

Theimpossiblegirl Mon 18-Jan-16 17:57:09

(The Lion King & Frozen)

MiddleClassProblem Mon 18-Jan-16 18:15:02

"I got some hot air balloons and took my party to the sky" Amber, Bigger is Better, Sofia the First

“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” Rafiki, The Lion King

thisismypassword Mon 18-Jan-16 18:35:32

"You must set your sights upon the heights
Don't be a mediocrity
Don't just wait and trust to fate
And say, that's how it's meant to be
It's up to you how far you go
If you don't try you'll never know"

Sword in the Stone

ButterflyOfFreedom Mon 18-Jan-16 19:06:41

Hakuna Matata ain't no special craze; it means no worries for the rest of your days, it's our problem free philosophy, Hakuna Matata

The Lion King

smile

RumAppleGinger Mon 18-Jan-16 19:57:49

"Why is the rum always gone?"

INeedACheeseSlicer Mon 18-Jan-16 21:58:45

I like "Ah, as I expected. Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way".

elvisthehamster Mon 18-Jan-16 22:27:20

"No Matter what you will become. I still love you to the end" Beauty and the Beast smile

flamingtoaster Mon 18-Jan-16 22:27:42

Disney's Alice in Wonderland - When the Mad Hatter says "Am I mad?" Alice replies: " I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Clawdy Mon 18-Jan-16 22:48:03

"Second star to the right and straight on till morning......." Peter Pan.

MagicAlwaysLeadsToTrouble Tue 19-Jan-16 07:17:16

Dory: Come on, trust me on this one.
Marlin: Trust you?
Dory: Yes, trust, it's what friends do.

Finding Nemo smile

starlight36 Tue 19-Jan-16 09:32:51

'Mother knows best!' - I like to think if my DC repeatedly hear the mantra one day they'll believe it is true.

I have to add the disclaimer that my advice is genuinely in their best interest and I'm not keeping either of them locked up in a tower to endure my own everlasting youth!

Shizzy Tue 19-Jan-16 10:54:09

Lilo and Stitch: Ohana means family; family means nobody gets left behind.

Makes me well up every time I merely THINK of the quotation!

voyager50 Tue 19-Jan-16 11:19:09

My favourite Disney quote used in a Disney film (although obviously not Disney in origin) is : "If you don't know where you want to go, then it doesn't matter which path you take.” by the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland. I have never really known what I have wanted in life, only what I don’t want so this is really apt for me as I just take things as they come.

Firewall Tue 19-Jan-16 11:34:20

Buzz: "This isn't flying, this is falling with style!"

Toy story

MariaV0nTrapp Tue 19-Jan-16 11:45:57

Little mermaid 'part of that your? world' it's been my favourite since I was 5 when It was released. It means more to me now I suffer with anxiety, I get it.

MariaV0nTrapp Tue 19-Jan-16 11:47:59

"Watch and you'll see, someday I'll be, part of that world.."

GnarlyOldGoatDude Tue 19-Jan-16 13:14:44

"You broke my smoulder!"
Tangled

(Sorry not inspirational in any way, but it makes me laugh smile )

CheeseEMouse Tue 19-Jan-16 13:20:15

"Mine, miiiine" - said by the seagulls in Nemo. Now oft repeated by my toddler!

InspectorMontalbano Tue 19-Jan-16 14:37:12

When life gets you down you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming
(Finding Nemo)
Fave film!

IonaAilidh11 Tue 19-Jan-16 18:51:40

just keep swimming - nemo

Kraggle Tue 19-Jan-16 19:10:02

“I want adventure in the great wide somewhere! I want it more than I can tell!”

Belle, Beauty and the Beast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now