Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share your Christmas Fancy Dress ideas with Snazaroo - £300 Love2Shop voucher prize draw!NOW CLOSED

(184 Posts)
ZaneMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Dec-15 14:01:04

With Christmas just around the corner, Snazaroo want to know what children’s costume ideas Mumsnetters have to get into the holiday spirit.

Snazaroo says, “Get inspired by our Snazaroo Snow Princess Birthday party this winter season. Snazaroo is offering lots of facepaint ideas, perfect for the winter. If it’s an ice fairy, a snowman or reindeer that catches your eye then why not replicate these in 3-easy-steps! You can also find some ideas for party games, decorations or food on Snazaroo.co.uk. Snazaroo provides you all the tips to help you throw the perfect fairy-tale like party and paint smiles this winter!”

So, what are your Christmas fancy dress ideas? Would you stick some pointy ears on your DC and dress them up in an elf suit? Maybe you’d dress them up as Father Christmas by popping a fake white beard on them, dressing them in red and stuffing a pillow under their t-shirt? Or perhaps your child would prefer a cool Christmas tree outfit which you can both decorate together? Whatever your ideas are, Snazaroo would love to hear them!

Everyone who posts on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky Mumsnetter will win a £300 Love2Shop voucher!

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

Purplehonesty Tue 01-Dec-15 17:04:22

Christmas fancy dress is tough! I think I'd go with an angel.
A white dress or even a sheet with a hole cut in for the head and a belt around the middle.
Then tinsel around her head in a circle for a halo!
Wings are trickier so I think I might be tempted to buy a pair of fairy wings.

lottietiger Tue 01-Dec-15 17:07:39

Im hoping this thread will help me with some alternative fancy dress ideas! so far ive had elf, with a felt hat, green trousers and red top which I sewed some buttons on. Also added ears to the felt hat. I have also had a father Christmas with a cheap outfit from the £1.00 shop embellished with buttons, extra fur and a fake beard made from wadding. Need ideas for this year now smile

foxessocks Tue 01-Dec-15 18:17:48

Definitely antlers on and red noses on for rudolph!

Scrooge or Marley's ghost or one of the Christmas ghosts
Elf (maybe on stilts if brave!)
Parcel - dress made of shiny paper and a big bow on head
Christmas pudding
Snowflake - gauzy white dress, silver shoes and snowflake face paint
Turkey!

CopperPan Tue 01-Dec-15 19:10:35

DD2 was a Christmas star last year! I think DD1 will probably love to be Elsa a snow queen, with a blue dress and magic ice-making powers grin

CMOTDibbler Tue 01-Dec-15 20:22:04

DS has decided to dress up as a penguin for school fancy dress. Fortunately he has a penguin furry hat, so then its black top and trousers, a white cut out for his chest/ tummy, and a pair of flippers covered in yellow felt!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 01-Dec-15 21:12:30

DD is Mary in the school play. But she has very firm ideas about what Mary should look like (She's 6)

So far Mary is wearing some a blue dress made of glittery blue fabric, silver shoes and we are negotiating whether Mary would have her nails painted or not. (I think the Bible would say No, but this version might be more interesting!)

anonooo Tue 01-Dec-15 21:20:28

A victorian Christmas. One a little posh girl with velvet and mufflers and rosy checks and one a little vagabond in the manner of Tiny Tim, a grimy little chimney sweep.

purplepandas Tue 01-Dec-15 21:52:26

Well, DD is a donkey in the Christmas production at school but I am not responsible for that costume. For DD3 (age 4), I would dress her in brown as a Christmas pudding with a sprig of holly hat.

Maiyakat Tue 01-Dec-15 22:02:05

Currently trying to figure out what a female inn keeper would wear for DD's nativity costume. Struggling to persuade her that a Tinkerbell costume will not be appropriate...

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 01-Dec-15 22:33:37

Elf on the Shelf is simple but effective. Red pjs (or long sleeved t shirt and leggings), a white collar and a Santa hat.

voyager50 Tue 01-Dec-15 23:36:58

The boy from The Snowman in a dressing gown and scarf - he loves the film and Ive taken him to the ballet of it the last 3 years.

Cocacolaandchocolate Wed 02-Dec-15 07:46:07

I remember my parents making me into a parcel one Christmas. They had a giant box cut out holes for me to get my self in and arm and head holes. They covered it in wrapping paper!!
My lg is going to be a angel this year... Wings silver tinsel and a halo.

MakeTeaNotWar Wed 02-Dec-15 08:35:48

Gleaning some lovely ideas here! dd is an angel so she's wearing white tights, a white t-shirt with a silver belt of mine, white headband (not sure why) and fairy wings!

CheeseEMouse Wed 02-Dec-15 10:13:47

My daughter loves drsssing up. A bit of white netting gathered with some elastic (and a small bit of sewing) makes a good fairy-on-the-tree skirt.

StickChildNumberTwo Wed 02-Dec-15 16:08:34

My daughter will I imagine be an angel in the church nativity play, so that will involve a white dress and lots of tinsel! Baby son is a bit too little for fancy dress but someone bought him a 'reindeer in training' sleep suit with very cute antler hat so that will come out at Christmas (and no doubt immediately be puked/pooed on!).

Lulabellx1 Wed 02-Dec-15 16:31:44

Our woofy dog is dressing up as Rudolph this year! smile

chumbler Wed 02-Dec-15 16:57:37

I dressed my dd in a bunny dress and gave her a carrot to nibble on!

sharond101 Wed 02-Dec-15 18:01:35

I got a large cardboard box and cut out a hole in the bottom for the head to go through, one in each side for arms and covered it in wrapping paper and was a CHristmas present.

chanice Wed 02-Dec-15 18:33:13

A snowflake

hermancakedestroyer Wed 02-Dec-15 18:36:03

My ds is wearing an elf christmas jumper to school for a charity day. I am going to make him some elf ears out of felt and fluff up some cotton wool to stick over his eyebrows.
He will have rosy cheeks with facepaints and a little christmas elf hat also made of felt.
Cant wait to attempt this as I am not the most creative person!!

CheeseAtFourpence Wed 02-Dec-15 20:06:14

DD has to be sparkly and her current costume is a Christmas tree - green netted dress and sewn on baubles and tinsel. She was less impressed with last years reindeer poncho.

Hygge Wed 02-Dec-15 20:12:23

When DS was a baby I dressed him in a green baby grow and hat which I had customised with green felt in a kind of leaf effect, and he spent Christmas day as a sprout.

EasterRobin Wed 02-Dec-15 20:30:32

I remember when I was a child, an Angel was a popular easy costume with a few sparkly bits. I prefer to dress my DD up as a furry animal though, while she is still small enough not to have a preference. I'm sure she'll want to be a fairy/Disney princess in a year or two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now