This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Which festive moment are your children most excited about? Tell Cadbury and you could win a £200 Love2Shop voucher NOW CLOSED

(447 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Dec-15 11:41:47

With Cadbury launching their biggest ever advent calendar, Cadbury would like to know which moment over the festive period your DCs are most excited about.

Here's what they say "This year we’re launching Cadbury’s biggest ever advent calendar and setting out to bring even more joy to the countdown this Christmas. 24 trucks, 24 doors, opening daily in 24 different locations, we’re ringing joyful festive surprises to the nation on the countdown to Christmas. While we’re counting down, we’re also keen to hear from Mumsnetters about which festive moment your kids can't wait for"

Find out about the Cadbury advent calendar by watching the video below:

So which festive moment are your DCs most excited about? You might be thrilled at the prospect of some time relaxing at home with your family, but if you asked your children - what would their response be? Perhaps they're dying to decorate the Christmas tree? Or take centre stage at their school nativity play? We're looking for the moments and treats that make Christmas for them, alongside the thrillingness of ripping wrapping off (lots of) presents.

Whichever festive moment your DCs can't wait for, Cadbury would love to hear about it.

Everyone who posts a comment will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky MNer will win a £200 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

CMOTDibbler Tue 01-Dec-15 11:51:01

DS is boinging with joy at the thought of decorating the house. He loves getting the lights out and getting the tree up

WowOoo Tue 01-Dec-15 11:50:36

The food!

My eldest son (under 10 yrs) will be helping with preparing and cooking some food this year for the first time. I'm dreading the mess he will make, but he is very excited. I think he thinks he's Paul Hollywood.

gregorsmummy Tue 01-Dec-15 11:57:02

My Ds (2.9) is DESPERATE for us to put the tree and decorations up. He has been to a few displays last month and they all produced big wows from him. This year, my usual tastefully decorated house will be transformed into over the top wonderland blingtastic just so I can see his wee face when it all gets switched on. I am not looking forward to the electricity bill in the New Year though grin

Cocacolaandchocolate Tue 01-Dec-15 17:41:26

Mine is Christmas Eve in pjs reading a Christmas story... I love that moment the children are excited and all snuggled up.

coffeeisnectar Tue 01-Dec-15 17:59:33

My 10 year old has been decorating the tree in the conservatory tonight She is hyper!!

We love Xmas eve, it's such an exciting day, filled with anticipation and looking forward to the next morning.

elvisthehamster Tue 01-Dec-15 18:47:56

I was surprised just how excited mine were about getting up this morning and it finally being December and getting to open their advent calendars. They are dying to get the tree up and decorations out so I think we will do that this weekend and try and have a Christmassy weekend involving Elf or similar and lots of hot chocolate and maybe do our Santa letters.

I guess I forgot just how exciting it is when you are that age and the anticipation of it all..and just how loooooongggg it seems to take to get to Xmas eve!

TattieHowkerz Tue 01-Dec-15 18:52:00

Definitely Santa coming. She just loves the whole idea of putting out her stocking, getting the food ready etc. the thought of presents is nearly (not quite!) an afterthought..

CopperPan Tue 01-Dec-15 19:20:09

We're all looking forward to going to Winter Wonderland and seeing the lights on Regent Street! We'll pick a weekday after school has finished for the holidays and hopefully it won't be horrendously crowded.

ssd Tue 01-Dec-15 19:23:08

my kids love midnight mass , it really sets the mood with the lovely carol singing!

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Tue 01-Dec-15 19:50:10

DD1 was very excited about the christingle service. She kept asking when we were going "to do the thing where I get to hold the pumpkin". I had to keep telling her it's an orange.
She will be very excited about Santa coming, but in the mean time she has a lot of other exciting things that are distracting her - school fair, Santa fun run, nativity, carol service etc. so she hasn't talked about it yet.

Purplehonesty Tue 01-Dec-15 19:54:39

Santa coming for sure! But also decorating the tree, they keep asking when it's coming!

BrandNewAndImproved Tue 01-Dec-15 20:01:23

Mine can't wait to wake up Christmas morning never mind the rest of it.

unadulterateddad Tue 01-Dec-15 20:09:50

DS loves going shopping for the tree, we get it from a farm where you can go in the tractor and choose your own tree - very exciting !!

CheeseEMouse Tue 01-Dec-15 20:34:49

My daughter (2) was beyond excited at going to see the Christmas lights switched on in town today. But mainly because she took her glow in the dark windmill out with us!

CheeseAtFourpence Tue 01-Dec-15 21:08:33

Every event it seems! This morning was utter desperation to find out what was behind the first door in her advent calendar. This afternoon it was excitement about going to see Santa! She is thrilled by everything from putting up the tree to going to church on Christmas Eve to opening the presents - at her age that probably is the best bit smile

MissFitt68 Tue 01-Dec-15 21:09:39

Me be are older and they all love the carving of the turkey and seeing grandad!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 01-Dec-15 21:10:23

At the moment DD is ecstatic about choosing a tree. She has been drawing lots of designs for decoration inspiration. (Where she thinks we'll find the cash to fund her tree decorating habit is another thing...!)

anonooo Tue 01-Dec-15 21:15:20

Each morning's advent treat is currently making them extremely excited.

Fuckitfay Tue 01-Dec-15 21:16:15

Mine work up at 6am to open their advent calendars! Never seen such excitement over a very small piece of chocolate..... However I surprised them with Lego friends / Lego city and playmobil advent calendars.
Only ever done a Lego type calendar once before four years ago due to expense so they were thrilled as v unexpected - glad it was worth waking up at 6 for!!

AnyoneButSanta Tue 01-Dec-15 21:40:54

DD's best mate comes from a culture which doesn't do Christmas trees so she's going to come round here to help DD and DS decorate ours and eat mince pies. DD is desperately excited about this.

purplepandas Tue 01-Dec-15 21:47:12

Opening their advent calendars. We had a number of sleeps countdown!

Cocacolaandchocolate Tue 01-Dec-15 21:52:43

Should of said.. The children are excited about every bit of Christmas.

Maiyakat Tue 01-Dec-15 21:57:20

DD is looking forward to Santa coming down the chimney and burning his bottom on the fire.... Also desperate to decorate the tree, had to put a couple of decorations up today to keep her going!

Frolicacid Tue 01-Dec-15 22:06:20

Ds is only 3 months old, so I doubt he's looking forward to anything other than his usual feeds. But I can't wait to dress him up in cute Christmas outfits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now