Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

What's your family's favourite sandwich filling? Share it with Warbeartons as they prep Paddington's marmalade sandwiches - you could win £200 NOW CLOSED

(609 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Nov-14 11:17:29

To celebrate the launch of the Warburtons Paddington film ticket promotion across all of their Half & Half products, the UK’s number 1 bakery brand is asking Mumsnetters to share their families’ favourite sandwich fillings for the chance to win a family cinema gift voucher loaded with £200.

Are you creatures of habit like Paddington with his marmalade sandwiches? Does your family all have the same sandwich filling or does everyone get to choose their own? Simply share your family’s favourite sandwich filling on this thread by 28 November and you'll be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £200 cinema gift voucher.

Warburtons say their Warbeartons Half and Half range [do you see what they did there?] are a delicious blend of 50% wholegrain and 50% white flour, to provide families with essential fibre in every bite. Pick up any two packs of Warbeartons Half & Half Rolls, Thins, Wraps or Loaves to get a child’s ticket at all Cineworld cinemas, valid until 19th January 2015. Visit Facebook.com/Warburtons for more information.

Thanks and good luck!

PLUS…Warburtons, a proud sponsor of the world premiere of the new Paddington movie which is being held on 23rd November, is looking for a young star aged 5-10 yrs old to attend the exclusive event as its ‘Bread Carpet Reporter’ and interview the stars. There are also five pairs of premiere tickets for the runners-up. For further details and information on how to enter, visit Facebook.com/Warburtons

NB Images ©P&Co.Ltd/SC 2014

Patilla Mon 17-Nov-14 12:05:24

Well I'm a weird one as I like cheese spread and jam as a treat.

But I'm afraid we're a family if traditionalists and ham sandwiches reign.

But I suspect DH likes a sneaky crisp sandwich when no one is watching!

leanneth Mon 17-Nov-14 12:15:35

We're split down the middle, half of us prefer cheese, half prefer ham. Plain but true!

Ooh yes, Patilla, crisp sandwiches! I think we all do that don't we?

ShowMeTheWonder Mon 17-Nov-14 12:18:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ptumbi Mon 17-Nov-14 12:25:34

My fav was always sliced tomatoes and onion! I dont make it much now, out of deference to dh and dc, but I think about it often...

And crisp sandwiches, obv.

guineapig1 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:29:09

DH's favourite is ham, cheese and pickle
Mine is Brie and cranberry (substituted for Philadelphia when pregnant)
DS enjoys egg mayo with sliced cherry tomatoes

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Mon 17-Nov-14 12:29:31

There's no agreement on sandwiches in our family.

DD1 likes plain ham, cheese or tuna.
DD2 likes to take the ham or cheese out of her sandwich and throw away the bread.
DH has something different every time, but his favourite is probably bacon and fried egg.
I love a crab sandwich, but for everyday my favourite would be strawberry jam.

TheBiggestDinosaur Mon 17-Nov-14 12:29:31

Everyone chooses their own in our house.

DD1 goes with peanut butter or cheese and cucumber, Dd2 likes peanut butter or mortadella.

My personal favourite is a cheddar, tomato and chili jam toastie, with rocket or watercress on the side.

DH loves a brown roll with camembert or stilton, and some sort of pickle.

iwantavuvezela Mon 17-Nov-14 12:30:01

We have a few - but these are the top two in our house

Cheese and cucumber

Peanut butter and "red" jam

Nouseforausername Mon 17-Nov-14 12:32:36

egg mayo or jam here

JuniperTisane Mon 17-Nov-14 12:33:34

Me - Fishfinger and ketchup sandwich, bread very slightly toasted.
DH - Cheese and marmite (disgusting boy)
DS1 - Peanut butter. On everything. In everything.
DS2 - Pretty much anything, he eats what I give him but he's more likely to want breadsticks and hummus than bread really.

skater42 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:33:57

Family favourite in our house quorn ham (we are veggies), sliced tomato and 'pestomaise' (mayo+ pesto), second fave is cheddar and mango chutney.

...is it lunchtime yet?

purplepowers Mon 17-Nov-14 12:36:43

My favourite has to be smoked salmon, chilli cheese spread and rocket with a dash of Tabasco and black pepper. Heaven in a sandwich!

DCs prefer traditional ham and cheese with chutney and DH likes chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, mayo and salsa.

This is making me hungry! smile

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 17-Nov-14 12:38:20

DS just announced that he likes chopped up watermelon sandwiches! I like exotic deli-style fillings, DH likes tuna, chicken and sweetcorn, DD likes bacon and ketchup. smile

RubbishTiming Mon 17-Nov-14 12:39:09

When I was young, I heard an idea for a sandwich on the radio and it's been my favourite ever since - sausage and marmalade. I wonder if Paddington would approve?!

I also like BLT, ham & tomato and brie, bacon & cranberry.

NecesitoDormir Mon 17-Nov-14 12:43:02

Mine is chicken caesar. DH enjoys Bacon and avocado. DS likes nutella, and DD likes fishfinger sandwiches.

RoseberryTopping Mon 17-Nov-14 12:49:28

We're all lovers of ham, cheese and pickle. I like salad leaves in mine though.
My back up favourite is a ready salted crisp sandwich

missorinoco Mon 17-Nov-14 12:51:06

For the aduilts - cheese with salad and pickle.

For the DC - jam or Red Leicester cheese, unadulterated other than bread and butter.

WowOoo Mon 17-Nov-14 12:54:00

Mine is cheese and pickle.
Dh's is tuna.
The kids like ham.
I'll eat any of those.

misshoohaa Mon 17-Nov-14 12:54:59

Cream cheese and jam, yum.
Or ham, avocado and tomato!

Or Vegemite........

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 17-Nov-14 13:00:43

We dont all like the same, for me its caramelised red onion cheddar sandwich, for ds it would be peanut butter, dd loves tomato puree in a sandwich and dh would have corned beef and marmite.

26Point2Miles Mon 17-Nov-14 13:10:26

Can't beat cheese and pickle!

Or Nutella....ds2 loves that
Ds3 likes plain ham
Ds1 likes chicken with stuffing/pickle or relish
Dd2 likes ham with salad cream

26Point2Miles Mon 17-Nov-14 13:11:08

Oh, and toasted! We love our toasties

Janelondon123 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:12:23

In our family its Marmite and cheddar or Marmite and Philadelphia.

Janelondon123 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:13:21

In our family it's marmite with Philadelphia or marmite and cheddar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now