Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Share with Ambrosia what tastes make you happy - you could win £100 plus Ambrosia Goodies! NOW CLOSED

(490 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Nov-14 12:00:01

To celebrate their mini pots of rice pudding and custard, which hit the shelves earlier this year and are specially developed for children*, we have been asked by the team at Ambrosia to find out from you what tastes make you happy! We all know some flavours and food are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face - or to your childs', or may even remind you of a special meal or occasion.

Ambrosia say: "we think that Ambrosia my mini pots taste like happy! They are a great way to mix up a mundane lunchbox, and as they are easy to pop in a handbag, are always there for when hunger strikes. And a happy child, means a happy mum/dad. What does happy taste like to you?"

The Ambrosia mini pots range is specially developed for children* and contains calcium and vitamin D, which are needed for normal growth and development of bone in children. They contain no preservatives or artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners, but are full of dairy goodness.They have a long life and don't need to be chilled, so they are perfect for stocking up on reserve and for use out and about too. For all ingredients please see here

Each pack of 6 has a recommended retail price of £1.49.

Please share your happy tastes and flavours on this thread - or those of your DC - no later than 28th November 2014 - and you'll be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £100 Amazon voucher and a selection of Ambrosia Goodies**.

Please note, your comments may be included on Ambrosia's social media channels, and possibly elsewhere, so please only post if you're comfortable with this.

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

* The Ambrosia mini pots range has been developed for children aged 3 and above.
** The prize draw is open to registered users of Mumsnet who UK residents of the UK, aged 18 or over. Employees of Mumsnet, the Premier Foods Group Limited or their respective group companies and agents and the immediate family of such, or anyone else professionally connected to this promotion are excluded. For full T&Cs see here

This is an advertisement for the Premier Foods Group Limited

MaryWestmacott Fri 14-Nov-14 13:57:53

For the DCs, gingerbread seems to be the best flavour.

For me:

custard - really good quality custard. A creme brulee done well is fabulous.

Dark chocolate, with lime or pineapple.

and wine obviously!

Bubbles85 Sat 15-Nov-14 19:50:15

My DC absolutely loves oranges. She could eat them all day long. She squeals with delight whenever she sees those little round orange balls. Supermarket trips are always fun!

For me I'm afraid it's chocolate every time. Yum! I might have to go and make myself a nice hot chocolate now to have on the sofa in my PJs.

InAndOfMyself Sat 15-Nov-14 20:16:32

I think me and the boys are unanimous, chocolate is a happy taste. It makes us smile.

Roseformeplease Sat 15-Nov-14 20:22:58

Seasonal things that come into season:

The first strawberries of the year.

Christmas spices and Christmas smells.

Barbecued meat in summer

Really ripe tomatoes that smell of greenhouses.

Also, I love Ambrosia custard - taste of childhood with chopped banana in it and cream on top (my Mum's fake trifle).

BornToFolk Sat 15-Nov-14 20:28:29

DS and I both love cinnamon. Our favourite breakfast at the moment is porridge with grated apple cooked into it, with lots of cinnamon and a sprinkling of brown sugar...yum!

Princessxo Sun 16-Nov-14 18:14:08

It has to be peanut butter for me hands down. Can never get enough of it!

IvyMay Sun 16-Nov-14 18:31:28

Chocolate for the children

For me - baked almond pastries, whether it's Bakewell tart or almond croissants.

Loula117 Sun 16-Nov-14 20:54:32

Salted caramel anything!
Gingerbread
Blue cheese and pear salad - not sure that would work as a custard though!

Happy tastes of perfectly ripe mango, slurped when alone in the kitchen pretending to make dinner.

CMOTDibbler Sun 16-Nov-14 20:57:50

Really fresh, local strawberries

The first asparagus of the season from the farm down the road. Not just cos I love it, and it heralds lots of 'gras courtesy of their cheap offcuts, but because you only get it once the ground temperature has been above a certain temperature for a number of days, so spring has truly sprung

Leeds2 Mon 17-Nov-14 08:28:56

Another vote for strawberries from me.

del2929 Mon 17-Nov-14 08:36:37

a nice cup of steaming coffee!

Nouseforausername Mon 17-Nov-14 08:48:50

mmm jam roly poly and custard every time smile

DifferentNow Mon 17-Nov-14 08:57:02

Fresh herbs, especially basil, coriander and rosemary.

I've also developed a bit of a thing for salted caramel.

JazzAnnNonMouse Mon 17-Nov-14 09:17:49

Me - chocolate
Dh - strawberry
Dd (3) - raspberry
Dd (1) - banana

JazzAnnNonMouse Mon 17-Nov-14 09:18:14

Oooo salted caramel!! And honeycomb

NannyPlumIsMyIdol Mon 17-Nov-14 09:29:37

For me it has to be cherries, i could eat them all day smile or anything with hazelnut in.

The DDs would probably both say chocolate whereas DS would say gravy lol

JuniperTisane Mon 17-Nov-14 09:33:05

When its wet and windy and rainy outside what really makes me happy is Tomato soup with buttered bread, followed by homemade rice pudding with a gallon of nutmeg in it, slightly cooled so it goes sticky, but with the skin on still.

(Sorry Ambrosia, your stuff is delicious and great for kids snacks but it doesn't beat the smell of fresh rice pudding just out of the oven).

Oh yes. The skin off the roast chicken too (Cooks Perks)

JuniperTisane Mon 17-Nov-14 09:34:32

DS1 - Peanut butter
DS2 - Milk.

Cambam2010 Mon 17-Nov-14 09:44:00

Me - chocolate in any shape or form, I'm not fussy.
DS - Strawberries are his staple fruit - not sure what we'll do now that the season is over

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 17-Nov-14 09:47:23

Very dark chocolate and also strawberries. Perfection to me

WowOoo Mon 17-Nov-14 09:48:36

Chocolate is a happy taste for me. I also like perfectly ripe fruit like watermelon, cherries and peaches.

ReluctantCamper Mon 17-Nov-14 09:57:56

DS adores vanilla, so we're already big fans of ambrosia custard pots-means he can have a pudding without DH and I having being able to have one.

Good milk chocolate is probably my favourite flavour.

Nicename Mon 17-Nov-14 10:00:13

Rice pudding. Not being a sook but my grandma used to give it to us and ive always loved it. It was also the only edible thing they gave me when I was in hospital after giving birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now