Talk

Advanced search

Funding

(5 Posts)
woosey35 Tue 14-Aug-18 18:55:06

Hi

My daughter has mobility issues. Can’t ride a bike or scooter etc. She really does feel she’s missing out.

I’ve found one perfect for her to use. Does anyone know how I get funding to assist. ????

BackforGood Tue 14-Aug-18 23:39:33

I'm not clear from your post how severe her mobility issues are, but Whizz Kids support dc with physical difficulties to get mobile.

woosey35 Wed 15-Aug-18 13:10:21

That’s great thanks. Will give them an email. Her mobility needs are variable. She is wheelchair bound for a few months, then can walk but not far, for another few months. But her walking isn’t steady. She has no strength in right leg hence not being able to ride a bike. This really upsets her as she used to have full mobility so this decline is very apparent to her.
Thanks for the recommendation to whizz kids

Pepper123123 Thu 16-Aug-18 00:25:58

Definitely give Whizz Kidz a go.
I've used a wheelchair since I was 6 years old. Charities like the one mentioned are fantastic.

woosey35 Thu 16-Aug-18 09:57:29

Thanks.

But will they laugh if I ask for go-kart? I’ve found something that will give her the fun-mobility that her siblings get when riding a bike. It’s a go-kart that uses her arms instead of her legs. I just feel she should get the same options of fun as her siblings and peers get. It’s heartbreaking to see her have to watch instead of taking part

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »