Talk

Advanced search

My Son is about to have major surgery - anyone else been there and have a spare T Shirt?

(3 Posts)
morganellie Fri 17-Oct-14 18:59:42

My 14 year old has just had rods top to bottom plus screws fixing his pelvis too , he cane home Mon after 13 days he has a rare genetic lung condition and did great through the 5 hour op xx

morganellie Fri 17-Oct-14 18:59:37

My 14 year old has just had rods top to bottom plus screws fixing his pelvis too , he cane home Mon after 13 days he has a rare genetic lung condition and did great through the 5 hour op xx

Timbo1964 Thu 09-Oct-14 09:35:07

My 13 year old Son is booked in for a spinal fusion next week - he is having rods from bottom to top - and they are also "fixing" his hips. We have been through this one before with our eldest and are dreading it to be honest = lots of irrational and rational fears. He is holding up pretty well but is understandably nervous - in a funny way the fact that he is experiencing a lot of back pain is kind of helping - he wants the surgery to relieve the pain - but of course he is also kind of scared. We have to move into the hospital with him - because of his condition he needs more support than they can provide on a ward - so dogs in kennels, bags packed and into hospital we go! It would be great to hear from anyone else about to have this kind of event - or from someone who has just had it and had a fantastic outcome. My other sons op was 11 years ago and the anaesthetist tells us that pain relief has changed massively which has helped to reduce respiratory risk. So that is good - anyway I just thought that I would put it out there and see if people felt like a chat!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »