Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

MDR surely therapist should have turned up

(8 Posts)
2shoes Tue 22-Sep-09 09:02:35

I am so annoyed, had DD'S MDR today, all went well, the new doctor(hers left)
is very nice. but the OT/PHISIO/SALT didn't come and no one from her class.
I am going to contact one of the govenors to find out who I complain to.
who is at yours?

DoNotPressTheRedButton Tue 22-Sep-09 09:11:47

We've had a few of these reviews, although they just call them reviews here

At ds3's, often many people will turn up- PAed or her assistant (viryually unheard of here apparently), SALT,OT will send apologies etc- teacher is SENCO so she runs the meeting, LEA often send a bod as well and one time that didn't happen the old SENCO forced him in.

At ds1's it is senco, teacher, and maybe TA. Nobody else has ever made it in yet.

moondog Tue 22-Sep-09 09:20:20

2shoes, sounds annoying but bear in mind that these therapists will have huge caseloads.If they go to every review, they ae then not seeing someone.

I have 70 or more peopl on my caseload.Assuming I go to every review, that's at least 70 1/2 days gone fropm the time i coudl be seeing other peopel.So if I attend every review they will complain....

A vicious circle unfortunately....

2shoes Tue 22-Sep-09 09:25:03

moondog, they are all based at her school, in the past they have always come(except for her phisio who is part time) just of late things seem to be changing, they no longer come to parents evening, so speaking to them is nigh on impossible.

moondog Tue 22-Sep-09 09:31:13

Is it a routine sort of meeting in which they don't need to be there?
Find out what their number/email is and give them a call perhaps?

huffyhuffystompstomprahrahrah Tue 22-Sep-09 09:33:37

Hey 2shoes - therapists caseloads should not be your concern - your dd is!! Kick up a fuss and make sure you get some answers - otherwise nothing will change. Therapists will continue to have over large case loads as long as people accept the situation. Parent power grin

moondog Tue 22-Sep-09 09:38:58

And I would agree with Huffy there. smile

2shoes Tue 22-Sep-09 12:09:47

just spoke to the OT, she was very apologetic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now