Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

So how are you all coping with the school/college hoildays

(9 Posts)
2shoes Sun 26-Jul-09 12:22:29

?

Goblinchild Sun 26-Jul-09 12:27:52

Loving it thank you, we always do.
Alternating day trips and busy days with days off, able to be himself with minimum stress. Holidays really suit him. Although he still eats a school packed lunch at the same time every day.
I'm on holiday too, life is good.

flyingmum Mon 27-Jul-09 18:18:42

He's sailing now. EEEK. Hubby has taken him hope he likes it. He opted to go on a teenage course so will meet other 'normal' teenagers - I hope to goodness they are nice.

For the rest of the time he is eating me out of house and home but usefully spending hours hacking down the wilderness which is our garden.

Goblinchild Mon 27-Jul-09 20:25:38

Sounds like yours and mine might be able to parallel play flyingmum.
Mine loves kayaking and going feral in my very overgrown garden. He does prune well, but also digs holes in order to excavate. Thus replacing one hazard with another.
On rainy days, he's painting warhammer figures or reading.
And eating his own bodyweight daily. grin

WetAugust Tue 28-Jul-09 00:40:43

I haven't noticed, as he's been in his darkened bedroom playing computer games 18 hours a day. grin

donkeyderby Tue 28-Jul-09 22:59:02

God, I must live in a parallel universe to you all! Not nearly as bad as some holidays we've had, but needs constant attention and has very limited activities. Summer with our SLD child involves listening to him saying the same sentences over and over and over again and worrying about his bowels.

pickyvic Fri 31-Jul-09 12:14:04

mine reverts to being completely nocturnal so i rarely see him before mid afternoon, we may pass each other at about 3.30 in the morning!

we like holidays here though. no stress! he can do his own thing and i can let him!

springlamb Tue 04-Aug-09 11:24:33

We are spending the hols at our usual haunt. We are on the permanent field and there are lots of visiting teenagers on the temporary field. DS has loads more freedom here than he does at home and is very well known here. But this is when the differences between him and other 14 yr olds really become apparent.
I spend half my time thinking 'talk to him you buggers' and the other half thinking 'oh no they have asked him to go for a walk in the forest - should I let him go?'.
So my holidays are quite scary.

LollipopViolet Fri 21-Aug-09 18:01:06

I'm ready to go back to uni I've finished my nasty old call centre job so shall be refreshed and ready to start making films again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now