Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

WWYD? Where do I stand with this?

(4 Posts)
LollipopViolet Fri 17-Jul-09 20:33:34

OK, remember my work experience shoot that was supposed to lead to work in post production and paid work elsewhere? The guy has ceased contact with me, yet I know another lad who helped has had a couple of paid opportunities. I need to find out if the reason for no contact is skills related (my skills aren't up to scratch) or a sight issue (he feels I'm a liability). If it's the first, fine, I know the media industry is tough, can deal with that. If it's the second I think I'll kick off. But where do I stand? Do I make contact with him? If it is sight related do I have any recourse? WWYD? Wait for contact that might never happen? Email him? What would I say if I did email him? How would I ask about the lack of contact? Aaaaargh so confused, don't want it to be a sight issue because he was so kind and easy-going about it and said I did well, but if it is, I can't let that company think they can do that, can I?

HELP!

springlamb Sat 18-Jul-09 20:31:06

Sorry to hear this.

Did you have any help securing the work experience? Eg Connexions or an agency like that?

You could ask them to find out whether the company felt there was a gap in your skills or there was another problem (surely any company interested in a work experience scheme must know they can't get away with discrimination).

Good luck in securing another placement - I know that might not be easy, we go through hell every summer trying to secure work experience postings for our Year 11s.

LollipopViolet Sat 18-Jul-09 20:58:08

I'm actually going into my second year of a Media Production degree, and was getting some summer work experience off my own back (we'd been told to but not set up with placements iyswim?). I'll email them on Monday, just asking how the project is going and what the next steps are. If anything discriminatory comes back from it, I dunno what I'm gonna do! I've not got much confidence and this lack of contact has shaken it somewhat!

LollipopViolet Sat 25-Jul-09 22:30:08

Right, sent the email on Monday, almost a week with no response. I've messed this up somehow, haven't I?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now