Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Yay! I've got work experience!

(9 Posts)
LollipopViolet Thu 18-Jun-09 20:52:40

With a proper production company on a proper shoot that could have major implications for all involved if things go well!

And, I mentioned my sight at the meeting, fearing the worst, of "Sorry, we can't take you on then" and got "Fine, no problem." This is a company who don't know me, don't know my abilities or otherwise and are willing to give me what so few people will.

A chance.

I'm sooooo happy! And, I'm helping on another project, which will be run by a 12 year old girl who approached my course leader and said she wanted to make a film, so we're helping her realise that dream.

Oh, and had a hearing test at work and apparently have really good hearing, so at least one sense works!

2shoes Thu 18-Jun-09 21:14:51

really pleased for you

WetAugust Fri 19-Jun-09 17:45:04

congratulations!!!! grin

WetAugust Fri 19-Jun-09 17:45:35

congratulations!!!! grin

iwanttolearn Sat 20-Jun-09 14:09:46

Well done!!

And good for the company too for not discriminating.

LollipopViolet Wed 24-Jun-09 20:01:51

I'm so excited now, but REALLY, really nervous at the same time, and I don't know if it's normal nerves, or "I've bitten off more than I can chew" eyesight nerves! Could be off filming Saturday or Sunday now as well! Eek, need experience but nervous lol!

FioFio Thu 25-Jun-09 11:33:41

Message withdrawn

LollipopViolet Wed 01-Jul-09 20:31:52

I did it! I survived, although my ears are still angry at me lol!

The guy we were with was really good, and in fairness, I think I was a pretty good learner, I didn't back out of ANYTHING even when cars were doing burnouts and I could barely see for the smoke! I coped fine until it got to a point where my ears were hurting (I'm VERY careful with my ears for obvious reasons!).

They had a JET CAR! I didn't get to see it, but boy did I hear it. Not having proper ear protection, I did my best and jammed my fingers in my ears- some protection is better than none, right? It was still really loud, and made some HUGE bangs, so I'm proud that I didn't run screaming (I don't like loud bangs lol!).

I loved it, and can't wait to go in to help with the editing too.

bunnyrabbit Thu 02-Jul-09 15:18:54

Well done you! Congrats and here's to the future.... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now