Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ASD and school

(4 Posts)
Iamthecatsmother Tue 03-Jan-17 15:49:49

Hi my DS is 12. He's in ms school and is in year 7. The school he's at is small and has a good reputation with SEN.

DS is a bright lad. He's very anxious and not surprisingly he has difficulties with friendships.

He's got a few friends at school. Another child with ASD is also friends with him. This friend is a girl and DS and this girl sometimes spend time together at break times. Their friendship has attracted the attention of others in their year group, mainly boys who can't get their heads around DS being friends with a girl. A couple of kids in particular seem to follow DS around. I've reported it to school but school say it's all in DS's head - I've heard all this type of thing before, it isn't in his head at allangry

Today DS went in with a fresh attitude, saying he wasn't going to let these other kids bother him. Just after lunch though, school phone, DS has a head injury and is distressed. So I collect him and I see the head. He asks me to come back in tomorrow am to sort out what's happened. DS explains to me at home that he was with his female friend and they were messing about. She hid his bag. These boys then spotted them and started to follow them. As DS was trying to get away he fell and that caused the head injury. The whole side of his face is cut, swollen lip and a black eye. His glasses are broken.

So much for afresh start. I've got to see the head tomorrow ffs!! No doubt to hear how it's all in DS's imagination! Im so sick of getting fobbed off with 'it's your ds' sad

Eliza22 Thu 09-Feb-17 19:02:27

How is it now? How did school respond? I've a sd with ASD. He's 16 and leaves this summer but he's had a dreadful time in school and they were not supportive, so we moved him.

Mulberry76 Thu 16-Feb-17 12:28:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Eliza22 Thu 16-Feb-17 18:51:58

Done, Mulberry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now