Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Girl age 11

(1 Post)
Amax6 Sun 16-Oct-16 21:44:24

My daughter is just 11 and started secondary school ,
We hve been having problem / difficulties with her since a baby , constant crying , used to kick off in certain shops even as a new born , over the years she has developed some obsession watching the same film over and over or having to visit a particular thing 5. 6 times aday ,
At primary age she has always been wildly behind and cannot keep friendships ( mainly I think because of the way she over reacts at things ) .
Although she liked the routine of primary school and would often be stressed on school holidays,
At home she's hard work has regular melt downs , shouts all the time just her sibling for no apparent reason, answers back kicks wall etc , and eats like no tomorrow , also she lies( well possible confabulation) cannot cope with changes in thing such as too many visitors siblings or her own birthday party's seems ungrateful. Baths 4 or more times a day changes clothes all the time although will wear dirty clothes and not brush teeth or hair unless prompted , but then results in her kicking off, Anyway because she was well behaved albeit abnormally quite at primary they didn't believe there was an issue , she has since hd a speech and language assessment which shows she has a significant complex processing disorder , she also had a Ados (?) test which she scored slightly below what was needed.
Since starting secondary school she's showing more problems at school and is becoming more difficult at home , but I am still fighting to get her help she has a senco and has had one even at primary ( even though they stated she is fine! But I feel she needs more help or she's going to end up alone no friends etc also our other children are really separating from her . I am beginning to struggle myself I have mental health problems and at current time I feel I can't cope with the mess much longer.
Anyone have any ideas what I can do to help my dd pls

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now