Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Thinking DS may have Asd traits at least

(4 Posts)
JustDanceAddict Fri 23-Sep-16 21:00:38

I have always had a nagging feeling DS, who is 12, could be 'on the spectrum' for want of a better phrase. He really has some traits: anxiety (been seen by camhs), maybe slight OCD too, finds sarcasm hard to grasp (is always asking me if I'm being sarcastic), sensitivity to noise and smells, general 'fly off the handle' over nothing (screaming & screeching) which he has done all his life from toddlerhood to tweens.
However, he has friends (is quite popular), is empathetic, does well at school although is always moaning about it (isn't confident in his abilities at all) and has coped thus far!
I found his behaviour v hard as a toddler and young child - it has got easier, but certain traits remain (the kicking off) that I thought would've gone by now I suppose. He is also quite charming & tends to only flip out with us although he has been anxious at school (last year was hard as they had PHSE on keeping safe on the streets and it had the effect of him being scared about coming back from school for weeks).
What do you think? Is it worth getting him seen by someone, would any diagnosis even help if he is only very mildly ASD?

PolterGoose Sun 25-Sep-16 08:23:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JustDanceAddict Wed 28-Sep-16 17:32:20

Thanks. Can I go to GP without him to talk about him?

PolterGoose Wed 28-Sep-16 18:01:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now