Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

College - Bursaries and oer entitlements help needed!

(3 Posts)
joencaitlinsmum Fri 26-Aug-16 08:25:33

DS is currently in receipt of PIP as he has ASD and is about to start a BTEC course in September. He was told at interview stage that he would be entitled to claim for the costs of a laptop they need to complete course work, however I have spoken to the provider they said I need to go through my local authority for a bursary but everything I've read so far says it's the education provider? Does anyone know also can he claim anything else to make life easier travel costs etc?

Many thanks

Heartbroken47 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:38:30

There is a 16-19 bursary - it's means tested - if the YP is receiving PIP and ESA it is automatic.
If it's a requirement due to his SEN the college may feel the LA should provide it/funding for it.
Have you tried speaking to your local SEND info advice and support service for advice?

Heartbroken47 Sat 03-Sep-16 23:39:46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now