Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

what is are the difficulties my 12yr Dd is experiencing?

(5 Posts)
Oxfordblue Thu 31-Mar-16 14:19:21

Dd is going to a PGL next week, I'm trying to help her pack.

I'm trying this because I'm at my wits end, yet again she is uncapable of doing anything, what I mean is she can't follow an instruction.

She has been to CAHMS & although there were some markers,,they were high enough.

I do think she has some sort of ADHD but because she was ok at school (in fact that wasn't the case because she was either being distracted or distracting by chatting too much), they won't investigate her.

I'm on the verge of crying with frustration  annoyance & sadness that everything all the time is so difficult.

Oxfordblue Sat 02-Apr-16 14:31:20

No-one?

PolterGoose Sat 02-Apr-16 14:35:16

Hi Oxford this board is never very busy, better to post in SN Children which gets more traffic smile

Oxfordblue Sat 02-Apr-16 16:33:33

Ok thanks...was feeling a bit lonely!

Kleinzeit Sat 02-Apr-16 17:37:56

Well while I’m here smile - can you use any ADHD or dyspraxia strategies to help her? Like picture lists of what she needs to take?

My DS really struggles with packing, though his issue is more that he can’t work out what he needs. If I say “three T shirts” he can manage that. We do things like count the days, one T shirt per day, he gets them out of the drawer. Then socks, pants, pyjamas etc, then things to go in his washbag. I get him to put everything out on the floor, then we put it all in the case. Neither of us enjoy it, but hey ho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now