Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone Irish with a SN child with Asperger's

(4 Posts)
Emmiex83 Mon 08-Feb-16 21:17:22

Hi all I'm Emma. I have a 12 (nearly 13) yr old with Asperger's Syndrome, Obsessive compulsive disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder and Oppositional Defient Disorder.. I know a lot going on for him...
We have moved to Sligo about 7 months ago so new school, new friends new house, and its not going well for him.
He is on a red suspension card in school (gone through 2 different cards since Christmas). Although the school now Adam's circumstances and still want to treat him like a "normal" kid when he can't be as he doesn't understand consequences or the difference between right and wrong.
Before we moved his last school took everything off him, his sna, his extra resource hours all because they think nothing is wrong with him..
They didn't understand that with Asperger's it can settle in shorts bursts until something changes that the don't like.
Now I'm finding it hard to get all his help back up in Sligo

I'm at my wits end at this stage.

Sorry for the rant but just so stressed out sad

cankles Thu 18-Feb-16 17:49:42

Hi Emmie, I'm not in Sligo, I'm in the North but didn't want to not post something coz it sounds tough very stressful for you all. There is an Irish Autism Association - have a google not sure if they could help but you could have a look at SENAC's website and see if they could advise you in some way.

hi Emma
I'm from Sligo but not living there; don't have child with Aspergers either
However my nephews go to Summerhill, where I presume he is going?
They are much older than yr ds but the younger of the two has struggled a bit (has had some educational difficulties - possibly a sensory processing disorder) Would it help if I put you in touch with sis in law who can tell you more and what help was available from school? PM me ...

... although thinking about the size of Sligo its entirely possible you know her or another member of my family already!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now