Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Headphones for 15 year old with autism

(4 Posts)
CalliopeTorres Fri 11-Dec-15 16:01:18

Hi all,

I have a 15 year old nephew with severe autism with likely epilepsy to also contend with, he's recently gone into 24 hour care as his needs became more and more difficult for SIL to deal with on her own. He has limited vocabulary and a fiery temper so anything he owns has to be either disposable or indestructible!

SIL has bought him a tablet (with a practically concrete case to safeguard against his latest fad of chucking stuff down the stairs) and I've offered to get him some headphones but I'm struggling to know what to to for.

I know I want proper over the head ones as he wont get by with the in the ear ones (and they'd be too flimsy anyway) but I only have a limited budget of up to £25 so wondered if any MNetters have any ideas?

CalliopeTorres Fri 11-Dec-15 17:28:07

No one?

Shannaratiger Thu 07-Jan-16 21:00:55

I just get cheap ish ones from Argos with the rubber not foam which is more comfortable and hinged headphones bit. They normaly last about 1 year, so regular christmas/ birthday presents.

Rachcakes Fri 15-Apr-16 21:56:44

My boys both had some chunky Sony ones, which I paid about a tenner for. DS1 destroys most things I buy him but they are still going strong.
If you want to push the boat out, DS2 got some nice wireless ones for Xmas, which he loves. Check if his tablet's Bluetooth compatible first. He thinks they are the shizz because they're techie; I like them because there's no wire to get tangled in if he falls asleep .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now