Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OCD: Has anyone got any housebound teens with this?

(4 Posts)
Bibbidee Thu 19-Nov-15 01:36:17

My ds is driving me mad. He transitioned over from CYPS to Adult Mental Health recently but is no better. Tbf CYPS were rubbish and AMH are better but I cannot live with him, his rituals and his opinions anymore. Anyone else?

HarHer Sat 21-Nov-15 19:46:18

Hi,

I have an almost 'housebound' 16 year old and my husband looks after his almost housebound 14 year old brother. My eldest has a lot of problems, OCD is one of them. My youngest has a generalised anxiety disorder. Neither are in education or training and, although I love both boys, the inadequacy of support from CAMHS and CSC is unbelievable. I say almost housebound because both boys will go to their uncle's farm, but that is it.

You have my deepest sympathy.

GruntledOne Sun 22-Nov-15 09:35:16

Has he got an up to date care plan? Ask them to revisit it, and tell them it needs to include a defined plan to get him into sheltered housing because you won't be housing him after, say, January.

Eliza22 Sun 13-Dec-15 20:51:31

I've no advice really but know how you feel and my heart goes out to you. I have a 15 yr old with Aspergers and OCD. It has taken over our lives and I swing between being broken hearted and wanting to throttle him every...single...day.

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now