Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

EHCP - EP Report?

(4 Posts)
amber64 Mon 26-Oct-15 07:05:05

I have appealed against the refusal of an EHCP for my 17 year old (ASD & PDA) which has been listed for hearing in January 2016. I have been told (by a charity) that I need to obtain an EP report as I have "no evidence"? However, the EPs that I have approached are not available until February 2016, so too late. Also, I am told it will cost up to £1,000 for a report, which concerns me, as my 17 year old, has dropped out of education, and may well refuse to co-operate in any event?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

GruntledOne Sun 22-Nov-15 09:38:21

Have you asked the charity for suggestions?

amber64 Thu 26-Nov-15 10:28:16

Thanks for your message. Pleased to say that the LA have conceded the appeal, and agreed to assess his educational needs, so no need to instruct an expert, until we receive their findings.

IsabellaofFrance Thu 26-Nov-15 15:09:30

Can he get legal aid in his own right? (I can't remember if the cut off is 16 or 18). You can then use that to pay for assessments, although I don't know if that will help you with the deadlines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: