Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Education for young adults with Downs Syndrome

(5 Posts)
Positivo5 Wed 16-Sep-15 16:50:55

Wanting to know if anyone knows of a college/school that provides on-going education and skills for able young adults with a learning disability. Although my child has Down's Syndrome, her difficulties are not necessarily syndrome-specific so she would fall into a category which dealt with more general learning issues. I just feel that to stop her education and learning by the age 18/19 would be a great waste and she is capable and eager to learn so much more! Thanks.

cestlavielife Wed 25-Nov-15 23:13:43

Most local fe colleges run courses for different levels of ld. Start with local fe colleges. Or try natspec for specialist colleges

cestlavielife Wed 25-Nov-15 23:14:25

cestlavielife Wed 25-Nov-15 23:15:24

Also you local authority shoukd have the local offer for up to age 25 on its website

littleoldme75 Tue 09-Feb-16 20:40:21

My daughter is 19 and will be going to college in September. It's all being arranged via her school. All the children from her 6th form are going to.

All of this came out in her meetings at school. I'd contact the local education authority and ask. They have been really helpful

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: