Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Looking for Support Worker

(3 Posts)
TheChallenge Fri 22-Feb-13 09:50:19


I am hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a question.

I am looking for support workers to help on a summer programme with young people that have a large range of specialised support needs.

I thought that mum's were a good place to start asking. Where would you go to look for support worker for your child so you would feel that they are going to have the experience and understanding of how to support the needs for your child?

Any direction or information you can pass on would be fabulous.


Flappingandflying Thu 28-Feb-13 20:38:04

Empathy. A knowlege of sen. Not being patronising. A mate. Patience. Common sense. Not too loud or dominant. Someone who can guide without being obtrusive. Someone who thinks they are perfectly normal and treats them as such.

ToBeFair Mon 11-Mar-13 22:09:14

How about the following:

1. TAs or teachers at schools for children with special needs

2. Psychology university students - some of those may already have some special needs support experience?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now