Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ideas needed for disability awareness project please

(6 Posts)
regularbutchangedname2 Sat 13-Nov-10 09:07:07

I will be working with group of teenagers with a range of physical disabilities to put together a disability awareness presentation to hopefully visit some mainstream schools with in the future. I want it to appeal to teenagers, not be boring and most importantly break down stereotypes and challenge language and misconceptions.
The teenagers I am working with have some ideas but I thought I'd try here too.

TIA

regularbutchangedname2 Sat 13-Nov-10 17:40:14

bump

pippop1 Mon 29-Nov-10 17:22:28

Make a cartoon type animation to show?

tallwivglasses Mon 29-Nov-10 18:31:36

Arsenic started a similar thread a while back - lots of good ideas here I hope

Not sure she's done it yet. Good luck and please let us know how you get on!

Davros Wed 01-Dec-10 16:47:19

All I can think of is to show that they also like the same things as other teenagers, e.g. X Factor, Facebook, music, football teams, fashion etc? In the NAS magazine, Communication, they recently had an item on people with ASD and fashion, I think it was the issue before last. It might be worth getting a copy or contacting them. Although it is ASD there might be some common themes. HTH

Davros Wed 01-Dec-10 16:48:57

In fact there is a big story on the BBC today about disabled young people accessing sport and trying to improve it. Any chance to connect ideas with Paralympics coming to London?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: