Talk

Advanced search

one Austic son and having another 2 sons being tested

(6 Posts)
Michelle38wales Sat 13-Oct-18 08:54:08

Hi I’m a single mum from Wales I was wondering does anyone else have a few children who are autistic? My 16 year old is austic, but my 13 year old has been referred by chams as she’s sure he’s high functioning and my 4 year old is currently being tested also I was wondering are there any other mums the same also with my 4 year old they seem to be testing him differently we seen speech and laungue last week and we was there an hour and a half she did all sort with James and afterwards told me she thinks he’s on the spectrum she was phoning James ped after our appointment x

Michelle38wales Mon 29-Oct-18 07:54:41

Hi I’m a single mum from Wales I was wondering does anyone else have a few children who are autistic? My 16 year old is austic, but my 13 year old has been referred by chams as she’s sure he’s high functioning and my 4 year old is currently being tested also I was wondering are there any other mums the same also with my 4 year old they seem to be testing him differently we seen speech and laungue last week and we was there an hour and a half she did all sort with James and afterwards told me she thinks he’s on the spectrum she was phoning James ped after our appointment

TMarcel Wed 31-Oct-18 22:03:14

Hi, I have 3 kids, my 2nd and 3rd sons have Autism.
My 2nd was diagnosed age 27 months and he has moderate Autism.

My 3rd is very obviously Autistic but is awaiting his assessment for diagnosis.

The eldest now age 10 has mild OCD and some Autisitc traits, could possibly be on the spectrum, however he has not been diagnosed ASD.

Is Autism is your family history?
My family has a history of OCD and Autism.

Michelle38wales Wed 31-Oct-18 22:34:21

Hey thanks for answering me, yes quite a few in my family the assment bit I’m doing right now with James my 4 year old the school has just done the social diamond sent that of about 2 weeks ago now, the assment seems different for my 4 year old to what it was like for my 16 year old last year, so I’ve no idea where we are at x

TMarcel Thu 01-Nov-18 05:01:18

The assessment and tests vary upon age I guess, my 2nd son's assessment was fairly simple and he was diagnosed by a Paediatrician upon his first paediatric appointment.
It's hard work having kids but when you have several kids with Autism it can become more a lot more challenging.
My 2nd and 3rd son both can not speak yet and they don't understand much either, they are now 4 years and 2 years old.

Hopefully both your other children have a fairly straightforward diagnosis so they can recieve the help and support they require. smile

Michelle38wales Thu 01-Nov-18 14:08:48

Hi I just had my 4 year old speech therapist report she said will be used towards the results of James assignment so I’m not sure how far in we are with James stil x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »