Advanced search

Home help

(5 Posts)
laurax89 Mon 28-May-18 20:16:39

Hi everyone, looking for some home help that's more sensory fun play for an hour or so every few weeks to get some house jobs done, can anyone point me in the right direction please.

BackforGood Mon 28-May-18 22:33:07

Do you want someone to play with your dc, whilst you are in the house, doing things you could show them, you mean ?
In a 'Mother's Help' kind of a way?

Would a local teen work in those circumstances? As in babysitting, but without full responsibility ?

Or are you looking for respite care so you can leave the house ?

Might help if you share what age your dc is. Whereabouts you are in the country, and what his / her needs are. There might be specific charities that can either support you, or signpost for you. But they can often be quite local.

Sorcs Thu 24-Jan-19 20:05:06

Home start are great for that but you need a referral from a health visitor or gp

michaelT1 Sat 23-Feb-19 13:23:49

Your local authority should be able to point you in the right direction and should have some kind of disabled children's service that should have information on charities and organisations that can provide the right type of respite,like postage,a home based kind of sensory play,it helped my son a huge amount and supported me,also think about respite in direct payments from LA,you can then hire someone yourself who you feel comfortable with and the direct payments would pay for this.Hope this helps.

michaelT1 Sat 23-Feb-19 13:24:59

sorry I meant portage not postage ! in my previous post,sorry typo error!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »