Talk

Advanced search

Struggling beyond belief

(5 Posts)
Stouffer42 Tue 10-Apr-18 19:50:35

I just wrote this now in truth and honesty just for myself but I'd love to hear that I'm not alone in these feelings. I'm a single mum of 3 boys my middle 9 year old with Down Syndrome.

To never have a relaxing family holiday again.
To never be able to watch a film together as a family again.
To never go out for a happy family day out again.
To never go out for a family meal again.
To never find love with another adult again.
To never feel happy again.
That is my life. That is what having a disabled child has done to me.
I know there are many out there that disagree but this is my experience.

vickibee Wed 11-Apr-18 10:55:25

I didn't want to leave your post unanswered, I know very little of Downs but I know what it is like to have a disabled child and how consuming it all is including the strain it puts on relationships. Have you applied for short breaks for your son to give you a little respite. Look on your local authority web site and it will give you the information.
I share similar feelings to you but some days are better than others and there are a few happy moments

notanothermess Wed 11-Apr-18 13:14:43

Hi, the oh feels the same, our eldest isn’t downs (high up the asd) from a husbands point of view it’s heart breaking seeing the mum and the love of your life breaking from who they used to be in front of you. Your definitely not the only one who feels like that and sounds like your doing an amazing job so well done you are their best mum in the world

MariaIris1969 Tue 04-Sep-18 00:19:41

Hi Stouffer58 what area do you live

786becca Sat 15-Sep-18 12:26:06

Hi I feel the same way I'm new to mums net I don't know who to talk to anymore sometimes it feels like things will never change I love my daughter but her behaviour is out of control and I can't seem to do anything right anymore she just isn't happy with anything I feel so alone at times I'm a single mum and have 2 kids my son doesn't even like been at home because of his sister. It just seems to be getting worse she's hitting not sleeping and I don't know what to do. I feel so guilty sometimes I feel it's my fault I must be doing something wrong

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »