Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child has special needs. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP or other suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN

Help! Autism and speech and language

(3 Posts)
emj24 Sat 27-Feb-16 17:51:36

Hi
I don't know if I've posted this is the right place??
I'm a mum of a 3 year old with Autism. I wwas wondering what group you fellow mums accessed or what therapies helped. I'm open to anything! I know that it needs to be mainly Speech and Language Therapy and social stuff but I would like it to be a group so that he can have peer to peer interaction before he starts school. His communication is very delayed and I'd like to work on somethings with him like PECS and Makaton (?) but I just wanted to know if there were any good therapy groups about that we could go to. Cost wouldn't really be an issue and I'd travel pretty much countrywide (England, Wales)
Thanks,
Em

I also have been looking up Lego Therapy because I think this would suit him perfectly and have been trying to do Intensive Interaction with him. Some guidance and support for the both of us would be great
Emma

BackforGood Sat 27-Feb-16 23:10:40

Hi emj24 - didn't want your post to go unanswered but I don't know how much this particular board is used? (I don't recognise the name of it - I was just trawling through 'unanswered posts). There is a wealth of experience and advice from experienced folk on the special needs boards though - it might be worth you starting a new thread in SN Chat, SN children, or SN Education where lots of knowledgeable parents hang out smile

Happygoluckyy Wed 09-Mar-16 06:11:53

Hey so i'm not sure if this classes as therapy but my child goes to a group called learn and play this is in bradford, i'm not sure how far away this is from you but she is in a nursery type setting where it is child led play it's a small group of 5/6 children and there's so many sensory toys there they use makaton and each teacher has a lanyard with signing cards as most autistic children are visual learners, i sit and have a cuppa in another room, talk to other parents in the same situation as well getting information about autism and other activities in the area, i hope you're not too far away and this helpssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now